BadBoy 620 kc

HOGIE

Yes my trucks name is BadBoy. In Febuary of 2013 I bought BadBoy from a woman name Georgette. She said she gave it that name because of the old BadBoy sicker in the rear window. It stuck.

He first day I went to go see BadBoy it was a typical nasty rainy Febuary day in Oregon and the driveway to Georgette's place was one big puddle. BadBoy had a bed full of trash and a jacket of moss over it exterior. Georgette handed me the key and as I climbed in the cab I found another puddle that had collected on the floor. I turned the key and nothing. Tried again and still nothing. We jumped the battery and it wouldn't idle so I Georgette pumped the throttle manually at the carb and told me that the accelerator pump needed to be replaced. We decided that she would have her stepson replace it and charge the battery, as well as drop the trash of at the dump, and I would come back another day to test drive BadBoy.

I came back a few day later. It was much drier but BadBoy had to be jumped once again. I drove the truck down the road and when I was about 2 miles down I pulled out to turn around a the truck died. Had to have the stepson come give me another jump to get back to Georgette's place.

All of this would've deterred any clearly thinking person form buying a vehicle in this state but I was blinded by Datsun fever. I was to exited to get a 620 kc and despite my wife's, who came with me both times to check out BadBoy, I negotiated a price, payed the woman and drove that truck the 15 miles home. It only tried to die at every light when the idle was low. I just kept my foot in it

The only pic I have from when I first brought it home is my profile pic, really grainy so I'll spare you, and this pic of what the engine bay situation was so you can get idea of how things were

004_zps4d05c3a0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since then things have happened

I bought a parts truck that had no title... Motor #2 because it "had resently been gone threw". Peice of shit. Lip stick on a pig

l161_zps27fce302.jpg

I did get some good parts out of that truck

One of the parts I kept was the bed because having had been the trash dump storage area, my bed was very shitty. I had it dipped and then I put down some epoxy primer and replaced the shitty old tailgate

image_zpsw38tskks.jpg

image_zpsutrszl5n.jpg

My pops and my truck

image_zpsethhot9s.jpg

Then I dipped the fuel tank and replaced the fuel lines, I replace brake calipers, rotors and pads, and I replaced the starter, fuel pump with some after market bs. Still need to rebuild the my stock Lseries starter. No pics

I replaced the alternator with a 200sx 60 amp

image_zpsdwpeztjc.jpg

Then motor #3 from Jake and I have been running it for a year +, very strong

Even with the shitty old carburetor

003_zpsmjodctbc.jpg

Then I got a canopy.....

• Like 2

Damn that came out of nowhere! Congrats on the ka, as much as I would've liked to have one in my 720, I'm glad I got my 521 instead for now.

Now I want to help with this one too!

• Like 2

Congrats on the truck and the job.  Please post a complete detailed parts list machine work on the KA build.

Thanks!

I will as I get things together. Currently trying to source the parts I need. If anyone has any of these PM me:

-240sx intake, engine harness plus ecu, throttle body and MAF assembly

-720 napZ 5speed, driveline and starter

Then I will look for other parts like radiator, ect...

Hope you have a 5 speed to go with it..

Thanks!

I have the whole truck that the motor came with but I'm going to go with 720 trans^^^^

Nice start. Any pics of the 55? :D

Ill take a pic next for you soon. It's a car my dad is working on for someone. And good eye

Damn that came out of nowhere! Congrats on the ka, as much as I would've liked to have one in my 720, I'm glad I got my 521 instead for now. Now I want to help with this one too!

Yup. Out of nowhere. I found a add on Craigslist for a D21 with motor that had been machined that never got put together and I had to have it. Your truck will haul with that napZ.

Yes, come help but it's likely going to be slow going. I'm planning on taking the motor that's currently in BadBoy and throwing in my 521. The most expensive part of that swap will be the driveline and that the next expense on my list to get that going as a DD. Then I'm going head first into this one. I do have a lot to do in the mean time, so YES HELP!

• Like 2

Can someone tell me if this logic is correct?

I know that you can take a 620 body of the chassis and put it straight on the chassis of the same cab style 720. So does that make the distance from flywheel to diff yoke the same distance for 620 with Lseries and 720 with napZ for the same cab style? And if I use the 720 napZ 5speed behind my KA can I use the corresponding driveline, for the same cab style, in my 620 without altering the driveline?

Looking for a drop in option. But I'm assuming it must be harder than I want it to be.

• Like 1

Thanks!

I will as I get things together. Currently trying to source the parts I need. If anyone has any of these PM me:

-240sx intake, engine harness plus ecu, throttle body and MAF assembly

-720 napZ 5speed, driveline and starter

Then I will look for other parts like radiator, ect...

Thanks!

I may have the intake an I'm sure harlow has the 720 5 speed driveline starter..

• Like 2

I may have the intake an I'm sure harlow has the 720 5 speed driveline starter..

That would be tight if you had the intake.

My first thought was to talk to Harlow but I've tried to PM him here and I've called and text but got nada. I'm gonna call Troy to see if he knows WTF is up with Harlow

• Like 1

That would be tight if you had the intake.

My first thought was to talk to Harlow but I've tried to PM him here and I've called and text but got nada. I'm gonna call Troy to see if he knows WTF is up with Harlow

PM 

• Like 2

PM

it's harlow

He got a new number a few months ago but he has been pretty MIA

Thanks Craig

Yup Harlow

Called him and he's got the napZ 5speed and he says prolly on the same gen 720 extended cab driveline.

Still waiting for someone to chime in to tell me if the driveline will work

Well if you can put a 620 on a 720 frame, I'd assume if you used a 720 trans you could use a 720 driveline. Isn't it standard cabs that you can swap out though? Aren't king cabs different length between 620/720? If it has a carrier bearing the mounting location could be different, not sure about that though.

• Like 2

The 720 kc is longer than the 620 kc just dont know how much. you would have to do frame mods. I know Wayno put a 521 on a 720 frame so you might want to pm him.

1980 720 single cab had the last l20b motor so anything newer will have to have different engine mounts.  napz to ka. Also will need to put the 720 steering colum into 620. steering gear box on outside frame or have to make custom tie rods

Heres a thought, the napz tranny is the same length as the L series.  The ka trans is about  three inches longer, so maybe that will make up for the longer king cab

• Like 2

Paging Mike.

Right

The 720 kc is longer than the 620 kc just dont know how much. you would have to do frame mods. I know Wayno put a 521 on a 720 frame so you might want to pm him.

1980 720 single cab had the last l20b motor so anything newer will have to have different engine mounts.  napz to ka. Also will need to put the 720 steering colum into 620. steering gear box on outside frame or have to make custom tie rods

Heres a thought, the napz tranny is the same length as the L series.  The ka trans is about  three inches longer, so maybe that will make up for the longer king cab

I was assuming it wouldn't be likely to find a drop in option. Thanks for the heads up

With that said I'm prolly going to go with a KA trans and have a driveline made. Only want ed to drop for simplicity and my personal cheapness.

Oh and I don't follow about why the steering box would have to be moved. Sup with that?

• Like 1

720 steering gear box is on the outside of the frame, 620 is on the inside.  Unless im missing something about what u said earlier. Are you wanting to put the 620 body on the 720 frame? If not, dont mind me, im talking jibberish

• Like 2

720 steering gear box is on the outside of the frame, 620 is on the inside.  Unless im missing something about what u said earlier. Are you wanting to put the 620 body on the 720 frame? If not, dont mind me, im talking jibberish

I'm going to be using the 620kc frame, KA24e, thinking of using napZ trans, and was wondering if because of similar dimensions, could I drop in a unaltered 720kc driveline?

no he was just asking if he could use a 720 driveline because of similarities in the body/chassis dimensions

or something like that

You got it

Like I said before, I'm waiting to hear from the proper authority, cough cough Mike, that it will or will not work. If it's not going to work I'm going to go with the KA trans. If I have modify a driveline I'm going with the stronger trans.

• Like 1