Art- Datsun 510 streetfighter UPDATE- the Pilot pg.2

Finally some art for my 510 brothers!

Been thinking about a flying tiger theme lately and I dig rivet-rods so I thought I'd give it a shot. Would be a fun custom. Especially if your dime is a little dinged up. Get yourself a rivet gun and go to town!

510Streetfighter.jpg

Edited by fisch
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All right!!!! It wouldn't be the same without the "artwork", just not totally sure about where you have the teeth. But overall, it is righteous....And yes, it needs to be built.

And when are you going to make prints of your Ratsun concepts available for purchase....I think it would make some great garage art.

Crabby

Fisch.....THAT IS FREEK'N AWESOME!!! I think you need to put some Honda "H" emblems on there as kills. :D:D

Thanks everyone! Jester those are Honda kills just in front of the rear tire!

Thanks guys, y'all rock! Thanks for letting me feel the love. Here is some of the inspiration.

070921-F-9999x-007.jpg

This shows a detail of the tiger ripping through a flag, which I ofcourse turned into a Honda symbol, along w/ the 'kill' flags being Honda!

TigerBurst.jpg[/img]

510StreetfighterDetail.jpg

This one shows the inspiration for the bumper. I riffed on the blades of the prop.

p-40a.jpg

This one shows where I got the idea for the seemingly random red line behind the door.

tiger11A.jpg

That's so bad ass!!! I thought of this some time ago to do on a 620 but everyone thought I was crazy. Someones gotta do this to an S30 or a 510! peace.

This might even look better on a 620 or even a 610 due to the body lines being more shark like! Go for it!

To get that patina on the green what I would try, is to lay down a lighter coat of green first, then spray on a darker coat. Then wet sand through to the lighter coat in those areas that would naturally get touched more in daily use. Then clear coat the whole thing!

I seriously love that drawing. If it was legal to do my pipes like that I would :(

I'm stunned by how good that looks.

Thanks man!

I wonder how the traditional hot rod guys get away w/ it? I always wondered if it were legal to run pipes that short.

Thanks man!

I wonder how the traditional hot rod guys get away w/ it? I always wondered if it were legal to run pipes that short.

You have inspired me to make my 510 look like that. I've toyed with the idea in my head with something similar but never had anything to work off of.

I have a few ideas on how I might be able to do it and keep it legal.

OK, that Mazda is just BAD! Soo cool!

zuum you are crackin me up! Thanks for checking out the site! Yup this art thing is my day job, but drawing Datsuns is just for the love of it!

comply go for it man!

Another nice thing about this look is that w/ the rivet gun, you can do some patch panels if needed and will not need a welder or body filler (but use some seam sealer). Hell you could have a square patch in the center of a door, all riveted in place and it would only add to the look. As long as you have a thick coat of paint on top of all the patches and rivets, it will look bas ass and purposeful.

I mean, sure you can paint fake rivets on there, but I'd go for the real deal. Especially if my rig need body work to begin with.