First 411 assembled in Datsun Mexico

Chiquidrac

This is a picture I found of the first Datsun assembled in Mexico, the factory still situated in the city of Cuernavaca where I was born.  I understand that it was the first assembly line outside Japan.  Many of my relatives used to work at this factory, nice memories.

1928910_492215347570348_2962929271558173

• Like 5
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as far as I know this was the first 411 in the line in 1965, the assembly line is in the city of Cuernavaca, state of Morelos and was the first factory built outside Japan, so my assumption is  that this is the birthplace most of our Bluebirds.  I terms of the D21 they assembled several model down there, including this one that I haven't seen around here.

hb_zpsqq1helil.jpg

And here is a link to one famous commercial of the 60's that was very popular back then.

• Like 2

And here it is, this is the actual 411 that Nissan Mexiso claims as the 1st vehicle built in Nissan CIVAC (stands for Industrial City of the VAlley of Cuernavaca)

I know is very difficult to know but maybe this one belongs to a Ratsun member today?

1966_Bluebird_1300SS_zpsyrmmhdwn.jpg

• Like 2

Wonder how much of it was made there? I believe Australia assembled Nissan's from shipped in parts and added there own interiors and bits back in the day

I believe at the beginning they only assembled the vehicles there with some Mexican parts but the main components were Japanese just like you said it was done in Australia.  Today I don't know how it's done but I am assuming is very similar.

And here it is, this is the actual 411 that Nissan Mexiso claims as the 1st vehicle built in Nissan CIVAC (stands for Industrial City of the VAlley of Cuernavaca)

I know is very difficult to know but maybe this one belongs to a Ratsun member today?

Interesting!  It has the RL411 grill, Japanese style front fender mirrors, SSS badges but the PL411 wheel covers.

Not the same as in the picture in first post. Not sure why it would be RHD unless it was built to be exported, and it has front marker lights. Missing SSS pillar badge as well. Unless those items were to be added on later. I'm doubtful the marker lights would be added after this point.. the other stuff I could see.. maybe. 

Here is some more info about the assembly line in CIVAC

"The sedan Bluebird was the first model manufactured by mexican hands in CIVAC and it had a total production of 10,510 units from 1966 until 1968.  Some other models manufactured in CIVAC are the Tsuru, Ichivan, Sakura, Sentra, and Tsubame"

And today they are working on the NV200 Taxi for New York.

NISSAN_zpsvcl5hb6y.jpg

http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com/nv200-taxi

• Like 2

This is a picture I found of the first Datsun assembled in Mexico, the factory still situated in the city of Cuernavaca where I was born.  I understand that it was the first assembly line outside Japan.  Many of my relatives used to work at this factory, nice memories.

1928910_492215347570348_2962929271558173

No way I was born in Cuernavaca as well now I have some thing to look into when I go

Not the same as in the picture in first post. Not sure why it would be RHD unless it was built to be exported, and it has front marker lights. Missing SSS pillar badge as well. Unless those items were to be added on later. I'm doubtful the marker lights would be added after this point.. the other stuff I could see.. maybe. 

Waiting for someone else to point out that this picture does include a C pillar SSS badge and that the fender badge is "Bluebird" not "Datsun", definately not the same vehicle as shown in the first entry.  There can only be one "first" unless you are Carol Shelby!

Waiting for someone else to point out that this picture does include a C pillar SSS badge and that the fender badge is "Bluebird" not "Datsun", definately not the same vehicle as shown in the first entry.  There can only be one "first" unless you are Carol Shelby!

Well, I am just posting information that I found from the actual Nissan Mexico, here is the first pic where "they" claim is the first car out of the assembly line:

http://nissannews.com/es-MX/nissan/mexico/photos/nissan-planta-civac-el-origen-de-una-poderosa-historia-de-manuf?query&page=3

here is a second pic of the same moment:

http://nissannews.com/es-MX/nissan/mexico/photos/nissan-planta-civac-el-origen-de-una-poderosa-historia-de-manuf-3?query&page=3

And here is the link to the part where "they" claim to have a pic of the actual first car:

http://nissannews.com/es-MX/nissan/mexico/photos/1966_bluebird_1300ss?query&page=190

Same car?  Different car? that is irrelevant, the fact is that the first pic is part of Nissan's Mexico history.