510 rear brake adjusters

Michael Rankin

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are the same as the 410 or 411 quarter inch adjusters, the solution is to take a 1/4 inch drive socket set, pull the 1/4 inch socket. put a 1/4 inch Allen key into the socket and use the 1/4 inch square drive input to slip over the square rear brake adjust and adjust away!  Been doing this for 48 years!

• Like 4

If they are the same as the 410 or 411 quarter inch adjusters, the solution is to take a 1/4 inch drive socket set, pull the 1/4 inch socket. put a 1/4 inch Allen key into the socket and use the 1/4 inch square drive input to slip over the square rear brake adjust and adjust away!  Been doing this for 48 years!

they actually make a square socket it has 8 points and they work great 

snap on has them and craftsman has them but the craftsman you have to order online they are not available in the store. or at least i have not found them in any sears stores

On mine the inside threads are stripped (..on right side). I guess I'll have to install a Heli-Coil.

Nissan Part No.: 44200-22000
ADJUSTER-BRAKE
    is no longer available. Too bad.
         Henry

they actually make a square socket it has 8 points and they work great 

snap on has them and craftsman has them but the craftsman you have to order online they are not available in the store. or at least i have not found them in any sears stores

You don't need need more than 4 points for a square drive stud!  But a quarter inch socket set is a hell of a lot cheaper [pardon, less expensive], is readily available, and has a lot more other uses.  If you must order "special order" be my guest!

You don't need need more than 4 points for a square drive stud!  But a quarter inch socket set is a hell of a lot cheaper [pardon, less expensive], is readily available, and has a lot more other uses.  If you must order "special order" be my guest!

i like the backwards socket idea I just wasn't smart enough to think about it 

a friend told me about the square socket sets so I bought the craftsman 5 piece set  

craftsman_12dr_c0xx_sockets_8pt_x5_cropp

• Like 1