dutch 1976 b210 project

superjesus

Hi guys, im Mees 

a few months ago i bought my first car. and now im slowly fixing her up but i do have a few questions that i would like some advice on:

1, when ever i run the car (which is a few times a week) there's some thin white smoke coming out of the exhaust, but only when i accelerate its not constant. is this anything i need to be worried about? its getting quite cold here and the car currently doesnt get driven (every few weeks) and the carb also needs a retuning 

2, also does anyone know of some suppliers of different seat mounts so i can sit lower and further back or do i have to fabricate my own?

the plan is to enjoy the car and turn into a lil track toy and just enjoy it, its not a daily driver nor will it ever be as i can get everywhere with my bike this being holland and all.

i live near by the zandvoort circuit (ex f1 track) so i plan to go there often :) 

IMG_0838_zpsyby0uvwn.jpg

IMG_0837%202_zpsq5iadm5d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the smoke smells sweet, then it's something to worry about. Otherwise if it just smells like exhaust.... then it's probably just condensation.

Cool car! Welcome to Ratsun!

thanks that a load of my mind im taking it to an mechnic that specializes in old cars this or next month anyway but its nice to know i shouldn't be worried 

thanks alot :) 

Regarding the seat mounts, you'll have to make your own.

had a feeling about that shouldn't be hard job anyway 

since im working on my car now anyway

im considering doing a carb swap does anybody have some advice here? should i stick to a single carb or go duel sidedrafts? also whats the best choice for power to price ratio?

the car is currently stock and with the intake upgrade i'll want to change to a performance exhaust too. has anybody upgraded theirs? what did it cost? do you have a video? 

i don't want to go the ricer route here so no unnecessary fart cannons

the car is a stock rust free  (apart from a few surface spots) 1976 1,2l coupe with a manual 4 speed 

Mine is a '78 4 door 1.2l.

I bought an adapter for a mitsubishi SU type single-carb from a Proton Wira (Malaysian evo 3 knockoff).

With a 4-1 performance extractor and a 5zigen cannon from...i dunno what :p, i get great acceleration and power (highway at full throttle 140kph, scary shit). I dont embarrass myself in autocross either :)

Cost was 600 ringgit for the carb and adaptor, 800 for the extractor and new exhaust piping from a shop. 1400 ringgit or +- 300 USD.

Mine is a '78 4 door 1.2l.

I bought an adapter for a mitsubishi SU type single-carb from a Proton Wira (Malaysian evo 3 knockoff).

With a 4-1 performance extractor and a 5zigen cannon from...i dunno what :P, i get great acceleration and power (highway at full throttle 140kph, scary shit). I dont embarrass myself in autocross either :)

Cost was 600 ringgit for the carb and adaptor, 800 for the extractor and new exhaust piping from a shop. 1400 ringgit or +- 300 USD.

thats not exactly a lot of money :) 

do you have any videos of it? 

on another note i also have some electrical gremlins causing my front middle headlight to not work and the rear right light. so i can only have full brights or nothing at all

also the right side blinkers don't blink they just stay on, any advice on where too start looking before i rip the whole car apart?

since im working on my car now anyway

im considering doing a carb swap does anybody have some advice here? should i stick to a single carb or go duel sidedrafts? also whats the best choice for power to price ratio?

the car is currently stock and with the intake upgrade i'll want to change to a performance exhaust too. has anybody upgraded theirs? what did it cost? do you have a video?

Well if looking at dual side drafts and intakes this will not be cheap. Might I suggest Yamaha R-1 carbs on a custom made intake? The 1.2  L is about right. They look very impressive. Here are many pages of research... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/7862-r1-carbs-lots-of-pics/

Yes! It's been done just far more complicated. There are long bolts going the full length of the carbs that hold them together and full "lines" as well, not to mention the throttle linkage that goes between the carbs... if you can fabricate this might not be so bad of a job, but if you cant its probably not worth it due to the port spacing on a Z.

BikeCarbspage1.jpg

BikeCarbspage2.jpg

BikeCarbspage3.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

carb time:

im looking to upgrade my carburetter, as i want to make a bit more power 

looking at getting a weber 32/36 carb. im wondering if anyone has experience buying them in europe? 

as well as an adaptor kit for it, can anyone recommend a good website/dealer?

also what are your thoughts/experience with carbs? should i look at getting a different one, what should i look out for?

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Weber_32/36_Carburetor