Volition73

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been pretty busy lately, but I got my mounts in from ]2eDeYe and I couldn't recommend them high enough, excellent quality...So here is where I am stuck..I ordered LEFT and RIGHT rubber mounts from Rockauto for the late 75-79 620 and in the pictures you can see that they do not look the same...and the one pictured to the LEFT, the small bump and guide hole do not line up...Can anyone advise what's up with this? Maybe I got the wrong one or one with the holes in the wrong spot...it's only off by maybe a 1/4 of an inch...Also, I will be ordering the CAN BOX tonight...Plan for now is to see about dropping the spare (complete) KA into it and seeing how the engine comes out health wise, if it's healthy I'll hook it up and go from there...

20160226_181918_zpsabyukld6.jpg

20160226_181921_zpsuolqmxya.jpg

20160226_181925_zpsrx08dtev.jpg

20160226_181943_zpsjeqd2ul6.jpg

20160226_182037_zpsg9z9axlp.jpg

As you can see in the last picture, it won't line up...

• Like 1

You can open up that hole or some guys grind of the nub off. I changed it from a slot to a hole at some point for some reason and I guess I should change it back. 

Thanks for the fast reply, I think I'll just open up the hole so it's still got something to grip on..I forgot to ask what bolts you used for the mounts to the frame, just reuse the ones in the truck right now or upgrade?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been a bit busy..but thanks to the bad weather, I drove 6 hrs and picked these up for a pretty good deal imo...$225 for all 4 of them...Also, got a pic of both of the Datsuns together...Pricing out the rest of the suspension...Brake and Coilover stuff...Anyone able to give me an idea of what spring rates I should get? I planned on using the QA1s like Beebani suggested, and 450 or so springs...But with the 18s I just got, and a KA24DE swap, I'm trying to figure out the ride height and how it's gonna look...I'll continue to read, but any advice or input would be appreciated...

Snapchat-5299094643274491205_zps1tx64ouw

20160320_131128-1_zpsypu61dmt.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Been pretty busy..as usual...but....I can say this thing WILL be full Ratsun...

20160510_163751_zpsgays6lqk.jpg

Eagle_Adam, thanks for the suggestion on the suspension...I like the ones you posted...and willz, same to you!

The guy that is going to weld everything in for me is going to be unavailable until January next year...So I guess that means I'll just build the engine and other parts and keep collecting...

Huge thanks to everyone on here for the help... ]2eDeYe, Icehouse and BEEBANI, thanks for all of the help and answering my questions...To anyone considering buying from these gents, trust me, you will not be unhappy...These guys are awesome to work with and I didn't have a single issue on any aspect. These parts are high quality in my opinion and I can't recommend them enough...I'll send people your way any chance I get...

• Like 5
  • 1 year later...

Update...

Well, after another surgery and moving twice...I'm hoping to get some traction soon with this project. I wanted to ask for feedback on the Tabco products...I'm wanting to get their rocker panels since mine are shot...Any advice? Thanks and I linked it below for reference...

https://tabcoparts.com/16840.html

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

So I'm still collecting parts, I snagged some door cards from Skillard over the 4th of July sale, they arrived and seem to be of excellent quality..I'll post up pics when I've installed them...I got bored and finished tearing down one of the spare blocks...Two of the bearings seem have suffered some kind of damage...I'll be dropping the block off to my machinist while I continue to collect suspension parts...

a6W93vO.jpg

8mQ5oP5.jpg

JKgvb44.jpg

S6lavTj.jpg

The bearing damage...

5ZGawsv.jpg

Seems to be all original from the factory...

omVv0nS.jpg

Found these in the box I got with the truck...

5N8K27H.jpg

• Like 1