Hitachi DAF 328 Choke limit issue

72patbo620

Whats up guys,  I used the search function but nothing turned up so I figured i'd ask.  I have a Hitachi DAF 328 Carb, vacuum secondary and electric choke from a 72' 620 and i'm having what I think are some choke issues.  The choke butterfly seems to be hitting the brass tube on the "Nozzle- pump discharge #47) and not allowing it to open in the vertical position.  The choke when wide open at operating temp, it looks more like ( / ) vs  ( I ) but it seems to be because the butterfly is binding on a small brass tube in the top of the carb.  Is this normal?  Has anyone seen anything like this before?  The carb seems to have been rebuilt at some point so i'm not sure if its a rebuild issue or if its supposed to be like that?  I discovered this late last night so I will work on a detailed picture tonight.   

See diagram for better understanding.   

Thanks for any advice!

Hitachi%20DAF%20328.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loosen the pump discharge nozzle bolt and move it out of the way!  It's elementary Watson.

Does the pump discharge nozzle need to feed the Primary Main Air Bleed Tube?  As it sits, it seems to feed directly into the top of it?  And though it may seem elementary, when a truck is almost twice your age I always ask before breaking it.