intermittent windshield wiper amplifer box thing

scooter

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one for an S12, a 720 and maybe a couple of others. They won't be the same part number but may be the same inside.

I think there are two type. One with fixed delay... the wiper may have a 'mist' position. The other has a variable delay with a twist position on the wiper stalk.

• Like 1

There's a couple versions all with the same plug but different wiring.  Some are "one speed" delay- my '78 510 had that kind, and some are "variable delay" like my '80-81 510s, my '82 310, and my '83 720.  What kind you need depends on the kind of switch you have.  I've had a fair share go bad, mostly because they got full of water.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah... I can't find one of these anywhere though..

Just adds to the list of expensive shit fried when my alternator went haywire.. it cooked this box, my wideband, my ignition box and nitrous retard, a bunch of bulbs, and my amp. And the alternator of course. When it did all this it melted the fusable link out of it too. I shouldof tested the alternator after this to see what kind of voltage it put out to do all this, i remember when it happened the volt Guage buried itself :P

• Like 1

On the 720's there are 2 types like Mike said.  The way to tell the difference is in the wiper control knob/handle.  The variable intermittent is a round stem with a round knob that turns to vary the intermittent speed.  The non variable intermittent handle is a flat stem/handle.