521 upgrade to KA24DE?

Uncommon Sense

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there are a few people that have had 521's that were converted to 4wd.  I believe a company called LOW mfg, {funny,since 4wd's are usually lifted! ] made a kit,way back in the day, I also have heard of some called Sasquatch.  try to contact a guy on here who went by Boxcar.  I don't know if he's still around, but he seemed to be a GURU about the subject,back when I first got my 521,& considered going the 4x4 route, instead of going for Moar Lowar instead.

• Like 1

there are a few people that have had 521's that were converted to 4wd.  I believe a company called LOW mfg, {funny,since 4wd's are usually lifted! ] made a kit,way back in the day, I also have heard of some called Sasquatch.  try to contact a guy on here who went by Boxcar.  I don't know if he's still around, but he seemed to be a GURU about the subject,back when I first got my 521,& considered going the 4x4 route, instead of going for Moar Lowar instead.

I still plan on doing it in the future. Nothing crazy. Just enough to get in and out of the desert areas out here in SoCal. I just need a quick cheap motor swap that'll be reliable for the next couple of years while I save up and find a decent donor truck.

• Like 1

So nitty gritty first. The cab's been hit:

Notice the door jam. Two owners ago. I guess the guy got T-boned. He took a piece of cheap sheet metal and bent it over to cover the hit.

1) Top View

Door%20jam1_zpsww5xym9m.jpg

2) Side View

Door%20jam2_zpseb0h8weh.jpg

3) The gruesome under view. The straight portion at the top of of the picture is the sheet metal. You can see the exxxtra long self tapping screws..... The rusty portion that bows down is the actual cab.

Door%20jam3_zpsodapkdmp.jpg

Thats the MAJOR kick in the nuts. Shotty workmanship is a big pet peeve of mine. Dirt and rust, truly a desert truck. Not show material but I think it'll make a good wasteland vehicle.

• Like 2

I did the swap just do lots of reading and when u think you got it look again make sure that is correct

U can do the whole swap then focus on wiring at the end

It took me like 4 weeks to do the swap by my self yep no homie love :( you can do ir and did need dome questions let me know

Datson4life was Lora of help as well !

• Like 1

I did the swap just do lots of reading and when u think you got it look again make sure that is correct

U can do the whole swap then focus on wiring at the end

It took me like 4 weeks to do the swap by my self yep no homie love :( you can do ir and did need dome questions let me know

Datson4life was Lora of help as well !

So theres two different KA24DE's I heard. One from a 240sx and one from a truck? I need the one off the truck because I need the torque. I'm here in SoCal. Anybody know where I can source a good motor and tranny? Also, as far as the plug and play kit from Blackmarkit, I would just need that kick panel and the motor mounts aside from the wiring harness from the truck? As far as the radiator, what works best? I'm taking it out to the desert and overheating is a B.

• Like 1