Tell me I don't have to pull out my transmission again

That4doorKiD

I HAVE A 5 SPEED DOGLEG MATED TO MY L-16 W/ SMALL 200MM CLUTCH

I PUT THE 4 SPEED NEW BEARING AND COLLAR ON THE 5 SPEED FORK

EVERYTIME I'M BLEEDING MY CLUTCH THE SLAVE CYLINDER PUSHES OUT TOO FAR AND THE FORK AND CYLINDER GET STUCK.

I TOOK OFF THE CYLINDER TWICE, AND I KNOW IT'S NOT THE CYLINDER. IS IT BECAUSE THE COLLAR IS TOO SHORT AND I NEED THE 5 SPEED COLLAR ON

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah It's too long and pushing it too far when it gets stuck. I was watching while my dad pushed the clutch, then got stuck. It's too long to even let the fork move back halfways.

Check out the old 4 speed adjustable push rod length and compare to the 5 speed one you put in. Bet the one in there is shorter. Just make a new rod that is the same as the 4 speed between the adjusting nut and the slave.

Can I pull off that rod from a 510 slave? and put it on my 200sx one? I know I'll need to drill a hole also. Cause i am not pulling that tranny out just to put a stupid fork on there HAhAa ):

Yeah It's too long and pushing it too far when it gets stuck. I was watching while my dad pushed the clutch, then got stuck. It's too long to even let the fork move back halfways.

Can I pull off that rod from a 510 slave? and put it on my 200sx one? I know I'll need to drill a hole also. Cause i am not pulling that tranny out just to put a stupid fork on there HAhAa ):

That's hardened metal I wouldn't try drilling the fork. Measure the original adjustable pushrod for length between the adjusting nut and the slave and make another rod.

The slave should normally move about 1.18". With the clutch arm at rest the pushrod should just between it and the slave.

• Like 1

You Should have used the 4 speed fork, 510 slave etc.  Do it right or don't whine!

• Like 1