67 pl411 in the works

Bkplunk64

Not planning on parting it out, the only thing I have taken off is the wiper motor to clean but found out that a piece was broken in the arm assembly, looked to be a brittle copper ot bronze notched washer type piece. May be on the market for a new motor

Not sure about the copper thing you're describing but instead of buying "new to you motor"  just take your wiper motor into a shop that rebuilds electric motors,,,  Pumkin Dave says there is a very good ( and cheap)  rebuild shop in Puyallup. 

here is a motor off of Ebay in Oregon.

early

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EARLY-1966-DATSUN-411-BLUEBIRD-ELECTRIC-WINDSHIELD-WIPER-MOTOR-REMAN-JIDECO-OEM-/391182158578?hash=item5b14460af2:g:lVQAAOSwu4BVizzd&vxp=mtr

Late ,,, same seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-1967-DATSUN-411-BLUEBIRD-ELECTRIC-WINDSHIELD-WIPER-MOTOR-REMANUFACTURED-OEM-/371361775323?hash=item5676e2fedb:g:i8MAAOSw9N1Viz1q&vxp=mtr

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

If anyone sees this in time and is anywhere close to the tacoma, wa area I have a set of horns, 3 hub caps, a rear bumper for 67 411.

When are you leaving i could come tomorrow , How much for bumper ?? 

Are you going south I5??  i could meet up along the route

• 1 month later...

I need to know the proper placement of the condenser, and wiring, I'm burning my points and I'm going to start with a new condenser

There's a clockwise wire leading from the points plate to a black plastic feedthrough on the side of the distributor.  On the outside, you will see a push-on connector for the point ground wire.  Loosen the screw,install the capacitor lead and retighten.  The capacitor has a ground lug with a hole in it.  Bolt this lug to the side of the lower distributor housing, there's a tapped hole for it.

Side item, the ground lead at the distributor is a good theft protection device.  Unplug it and hide it in the wiring harness.  Car won't start without a ground at the points!  Much less obvious that pulling the rotor.

• 2 months later...