SWDP 9TH ANNUAL BBQ 2016

gene knight

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like a 312 bluebird Gene, it looks like it doesn't have any front turn signal lenses. :(

I have one of them grills. :)

You are correct Wayno 1964 Datsun 312 Bluebird!  It has an A14 5 speed out of a B210.  The owner said he was passing cars on the freeway running 90 miles an hour coming to the barbecue.  This is his family car, he daily drives it.

DSC02430.jpg

This is his 720 that he is giving to his brother.

DSC02435.jpg

This is his cousins 620.

DSC02499.jpg

This is his nephews D21.

DSC02495.jpg

Not a very good picture But this is Carlos, his dad, his brother, and his 2 daughters.  Really nice people.  He said he would try to bring 6 Datsuns next year to the barbecue.

DSC02444.jpg

• Like 1

No problems out there the last couple of days and its over 30% contained.

Sorry, didn't intend to sound like I was putting a damper on the event. Been there for the past 4-5 Bbq's. Just apologizing for backing out after looking forward to it all year.

I grew up in Riverside with the extremely bad air quality of the 60''s 70''s when the sky always looked like fog on a daily basis. It is what motivated me to get my smog license before I turned 18. The smog was one of the biggest contributors to my breathing issues and forced me to move out of the I.E. Thanks to improved CA emissions regulations the I.E. air quality has improved tremdously and you can see the surrounding mountains of the valley once again. Kids are no longer kept inside during recess because of smog ,and outdoor bbq's are once again enjoyable.

But when one of the largest fires in the area's history is still burning just miles away with a red zone 165 air quality the day before, it's too much of a risk for me to gamble on. I need to be able to breathe the rest of the week without relying on melds and machines.

Glad everyone else was able to go, got there safely, and had a good time!

• Like 2

Great pics Charlie & Brad. Myself I had a great time seeing you guys again & catching up on life.

This year's event was very laid back which is what swdp is all about.

I'll be uploading my pics in the next few days when I have time. A huge ty to all that came out to enjoy the day & all the swdp guys for pitching in so things went smooth.

Allready looking forward to next year's event lol.

Seeker ty for your updates they were very helpful & hope to see you next year.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that came out for this year's BBQ / Get Together. It was nice to see some new faces and even the old one's too. If anyone took pictures that are not posted on here please post so that everyone can see everything from the great day of old school cars and trucks.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...