• Please log in to reply
894 replies to this topic

#881 Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

• PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Cars:1977 F10, 1976 620, 1995 Subaru Impreza, 2015 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:50 PM

A dead cell can cause havoc in a car (this is rare, but possible). Have you checked for any altenator issues? A tits up altenator can cause a car not to start.

#882 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Cars:various datsun toys, vw bug, chevy silverado, mitsubishi outlander,plymouth barracuda fastback

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:36 AM

new alternator

#883 mhub91

mhub91

M&M

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts
  • Cars:'78 620, '76 B210, '65 320

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:39 AM

Do you have the fuel lines hooked up correctly?

Supply lines and returned lines are right next to each other....

#884 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Cars:various datsun toys, vw bug, chevy silverado, mitsubishi outlander,plymouth barracuda fastback

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

mhub91: i am getting fuel to the see thru fuel filter, fuel pump, and carb. plus i looked in manual to verify i do have lines hooked up correctly, but it could be a possibility and i won't know without looking at a another b210

#885 Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

• PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

I will take a pic in the morning and send post a pic

#886 Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

• PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

Sorry Gene...I totally spaced it, I will try n remember tomorrow. I tried to send u a pm, but it didn't work

#887 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

Cosmonaut: pm sent

#888 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

so i replaced icm, still no start, but upon further investigation cuz valve cover was leaking and found out screws were loose i took off valve cover to see if what gasket i needed and to my surprise i found out 2 push rods were bent and was wondering why they got bent if car was running good in june, maybe someone sabotaged it when i took it to get brakes bleed at brakes plus cuz it did run worse when i went to pick it up or maybe something else maybe improper valve adjustment cuz the set screws are at different settings compared with each other . so now i may have to do a compression check to see if the valves are working properly

#889 datsunfreak

datsunfreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,698 posts
  • Cars:'73 1200 Coupe, '77 280Z

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:39 AM

i found out 2 push rods were bent and was wondering why they got bent if car was running good in june, maybe someone sabotaged it 

In my experience, this is most often due to over-revving it.

I have seen it happen due to a backfire, but that is maybe 10% of the time. 

It's your car, just don't ruin it.

This seems like an elaborate ploy to get me to say "I like the D".

#890 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

Maybe someone who had access to the vehicle did this, maybe brakes plus when they were trying to pressure bleed the brake system

#891 mhub91

mhub91

M&M

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

In my experience, this is most often due to over-revving it.

I have seen it happen due to a backfire, but that is maybe 10% of the time. 

over rev, mis aligned valves most common. i'd agree.... rare occurrence of a back fire

#892 mhub91

mhub91

M&M

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:47 AM

On a sidenote, kids like this irritate the living hell out of me. Claims it has a rebuilt engine and trans and now the new owner states it broke down days after purchasing it. Kid who owned it looked like some trailer trash tweaker lol. :poop:

LKByYrt.jpg

#893 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:55 PM

well guess what folks? did a compression check various readings, but me and exboss mechanic checked everything again and found out that someone did a incorrect valve adjustment, probably to compensate for push rod tubes that were going bad, so we reset the valve lash setting to cold specs according to manual and sticker under hood and boom fired right up and started, god im glad that it started and runs now another issue is no lights, maybe bad switch or fuse/relay

#894 mhub91

mhub91

M&M

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

well guess what folks? did a compression check various readings, but me and exboss mechanic checked everything again and und out that someone did a incorrect valve adjustment, probably to compensate for push rod tubes that were going bad, so we reset the valve lash setting to cold specs according to manual and sticker under hood and boom fired right up and started, god im glad that it started and runs now another issue is no lights, maybe bad switch or fuse/relay

Glad to hear!

#895 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

well today i sold my b210 (karen) to a guy who has a notch/coupe and after we replaced the bad valve cover gasket he drove it to get gas before driving it home, we also uploaded the extra parts in my truck and he followed me to his house, got bill of sale and title notarized and removed my plates that i renewed in nov. and he will need to transfer in his name cuz 3rd party said it needed level1 inspection even though he said he was going to non-op it until he makes some modifications. so we was told he can get it transferred in his name w/o level 1 inspection if he goes thru mvd and just transfer in his name only and inform them it will be non-op