B210 Rollcall

B2Fresh

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, currently have 2 running and 2 non running Datsun's and the Missus sez no more than one non running Datsun at a time.

And you are right....the bumpers DO make it.

A little teaser...depending where you are in Texas.

https://lascruces.craigslist.org/cto/d/1978-datsun-210/6732016589.html

If it was a fastback I would be spending the weekend telling the wife that it is OK to have 3 non running Datsun's.

That one I might win. Her mother had a yellow fastback when my wife was growing up. Would win on the sentimental part (and it helps that I have infected her with Datsunitis).

Cruces is about 4 to 5 hours from here.

THIS could end badly for the good ship Marital Bliss.

Maybe my buddy down the road will go get it for the motor. Wants to put an "A" motor in his 69 521 if an "L" motor won't fit.  We measure a 71 521 engine bay today with an "L" motor in it.

9 minutes ago, KELMO said:

Maybe my buddy down the road will go get it for the motor. 

If he does, let me know. I might take it from him after the motor is out. ?

10 minutes ago, KELMO said:

Wants to put an "A" motor in his 69 521 if an "L" motor won't fit.  We measure a 71 521 engine bay today with an "L" motor in it.

L16/L18 fits, but it's definitely 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag...

My 521 had an L18 in it, and with a downdraft carb it was tough to find an air filter that didn't rub the hood.

The A fits sooooooooo much better. And so much easier to work on...

32 minutes ago, datsunfreak said:

If he does, let me know. I might take it from him after the motor is out. ? 

L16/L18 fits, but it's definitely 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag...

My 521 had an L18 in it, and with a downdraft carb it was tough to find an air filter that didn't rub the hood.

The A fits sooooooooo much better. And so much easier to work on...

Looks like I will be making a call tomorrow.

8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I had a '71 and put an L20B in which is 3/4" taller and I don't remember any hood clearance problems.

Downdraft carb? If so, what air filter did you use?

There isn't a chance in hell an L20b would have fit in mine. Maybe if I re-engineered the motor mounts to lower the engine at least an inch...

I used the  L16 air filter probably, might have been the one on the L20B... and engine mounting and oil pan/pick up tube for the truck. It was a car L20B (710 I think) so accidentally the clutch worked (both are 200mm, didn't know this back in '70s) I had previously put a header on so that took care of the exhaust. Again, probably, used the L16 intake because of the cable throttle and a '75-'77 intake wouldn't have worked as it's bolted to the exhaust. The L20B had a pleasing low speed grunt in 3 and 4th. 

I got it for free? I don't remember paying anything. A friend kept blowing the HG. I changed the gasket and it blew again before I learned about the head being warped. duh!

On 11/17/2018 at 6:29 AM, KELMO said:

A little teaser...depending where you are in Texas.

https://lascruces.craigslist.org/cto/d/1978-datsun-210/6732016589.html

I've already seen that, and yes I'm in austin, if I were in el Paso that car would already be in my driveway.  If the Body makes it over to DF maybe he will give me a a crack at buying this one once he becomes bored of it.  Lol