B210 Rollcall

B2Fresh

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! Nice save.Do you live in Anderson?

I live in Eureka,& have a '78 B210,+ a '78 parts car,& lots

of parts.

I might have asked you but if I haven't, I'm looking for Tach. Do you have one floating in your stash of parts by any chance.?

Have not started a build thread for my B, but I may do it lated.

For now, enjoy these pics............

20160826_184717_zpsurb4ppq6.jpg

20160501_104629_zpse5xykicp.jpg

20160803_204434_zpswis4bvse.jpg

20170121_111045_zpskueeyr6h.jpg

20170121_215309_zpsvq4hrvsf.jpg

20170121_221939_zpswifqrcwd.jpg

20170313_155833_zpsg8crhd8z.jpg

20170313_170226_zpspx0yahhy.jpg

20170313_170303_zpsbwkbocf4.jpg

20170313_171030_zpsqk2dtfqm.jpg

20170120_170833_zpsazgyxwz0.jpg

• Like 2

Very impressive "mhub91".!!!

What engine is that.?

Thank you!

It is a CA18DE from a 1990+/- Nissan Silvia. It ain't much, but puts down approx 130hp. 

I planned on building this B210 to my liking without falling into the "fan boy" crowd where everyone is "stancing" out the cars and swapping in a turbo SR20. So far, I'm happy.

I wanted to keep the idea of a compact sedan with a high-revving, low torque engine. I really liked my A14, but I passed it on to a friend with a 1200. I found this little CA18 on my local Craigslist page for a deal and got a complete turn key swap for a low price.

The idea of the compact, high revving car really shines through with the CA18DE. 130hp / 115ft/lbs torque and it will happily rev to 8,000 rpm. High compression of something like 10:1 so it's quick to rev.

Also, the non turbo CA18 is something kind of special. It's found in the USDM Nissan Pulsar in FWD lay out, however, a RWD non turbo CA is something of a rarity. You can easily find a turbo CA on ebay or your local CL.

I need a new clutch, shorten the driveline and figure out something about the O2 sensor hitting the steering box and it will be done.

The coil over setup is a combination of MR2 rear struts, ZX strut tubes shortened down, Eibach 225# springs, and Techno Toy Tuning camber plates (not in pic).

Everything has been done by myself, including wiring, pluming, cutting, welding etc...

I'm very impressed in the engine and the strut assembly....

Nice work..

My friends that I hang out with at our weekly meet had mentioned to me about these motors.. There were saying to get one of these instead of dumping the money into an "A" Series.. Call me old school but I love the sound of a modified "A" Series.

I can just imagine how that little power plant of your is going to run..

Kudos on your "B" as in Beast once it's done.. Can't wait to see it done..

The non turbo is somewhat difficult to find. However, the Ca18det is abundant and if you choose to build it with upgraded internals, cams, turbo etc you can make some huge power. Guys in Australia love the CA and push upwards of 300hp.

Probably no way to get it to pass smog o California. The CA18 does not come with any sort of smog equipment. No egr or anything like that.

You could probably pickup a complete ca18det swap for around $900-$1500

I'm still tossing up 3 different ideas for my B

1- Swap to a L20b

2- swap to a Ca18det or KA24E/DE  (hard to find a mechanic who would be willing to do this, seeing as I have no room/mechanical skills)

3 - just go all out on rebuilding and cleaning up my current A13

With my budget/kneereplacementissues/time/life/everythingsuckslifeissues 

I'm thinking #3 might be my only option lol