B210 Rollcall

B2Fresh

Was just curious if there were aftermarket versions, I'm going to be swapping to a L20b here soon anyways so not overly worried. Besides I don't think I've ever seen mine go above halfway anyway, stays pretty cool as it is.

I've heard rumors the 210 rad is good enough for a KA, not sure I believe it though. Datsun1200 has several listed rads from other cars that will fit (if it fits a 1200 it will fit a B210). Off the top of my head I believe it was one of the front wheel drive SR20 rads that worked best, cheap too.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an aftermarket one that'll work?  or did you just happen to find an original?

Hi Tolkmod, sorry it took me so long to respond. I found the OEM shroud for my B210. Dont really think there are any after market ones out there that will fit the OEM B210 radiator. Other than the 210 (B310), like Dguy210 adds its much beefier and better. If you are doing an engine swap I will also suggest doing a radiator swap. So I guess for now you are fine running at that temperature.

I do not recall ever seeing a 74 B210 shroud, only on the later models with the wider radiators...

IIRC the 74 and maybe even the early 75's had a "perforated"  for lack of a better word, portion that could be removed to allow for the wider radiator.

Tolkmod, how wide is your radiator?  pics?

I have several  B210 shrouds.  

• Like 1

I do not recall ever seeing a 74 B210 shroud, only on the later models with the wider radiators...

IIRC the 74 and maybe even the early 75's had a "perforated"  for lack of a better word, portion that could be removed to allow for the wider radiator.

I may be interested in a shroud if interested in selling one.? LMK

Would like to keep my engine on the cooler side..

I really don't need one, was just curious if there was an aftermarket version.   I'll be going with a larger rad when i swap to my L20b and I've never had a problem with over heating as I live in SoCal, so let it go to someone that needs it lol

Thanks though :)

IIRC the 74 and maybe even the early 75's had a "perforated" for lack of a better word, portion that could be removed to allow for the wider radiator.

Yep, 74 radiator is tiny, 1200 size if I remember right. Also, I do seem to remember a perforated part I cut out for the larger 210 radiator.

I need them bumpers, tailights and grill off that hatchback..

you could only use the rear bumper and tail light panel.. even the tail light panel will take lots of sheet metal work.    

<-------Look  510 posts

The grill and front bumper are different than a B210 or 120Y .  as they are pointed you would need the hood and the core support and lower apron to make them work properly..

Here's on I wouldn't mind having..

Right there with you on that. I've thought about importing a 120y wagon a couple of times. I'm not sure if there even is one in North America.

I have yet to see one.

You may be the first if you pull the trigger in getting one.

That would be one price tag on one of them wagons shipped here..

I want to say it was 5-6k for just shipping and probably another 4-5 to pick up a decent one so like 10k all around. Problem was it is about the same amount to get a 510 coupe or skyline, which is worth a lot more when you're done.
  • Like 1

I want to say it was 5-6k for just shipping and probably another 4-5 to pick up a decent one so like 10k all around. Problem was it is about the same amount to get a 510 coupe or skyline, which is worth a lot more when you're done.

thought you couldn't import skylines yet?  well... legally that is lol

Any car older than 25 years can be imported to the US. Also R33 skylines can be imported.

Cool, good to know...

And skylines go back to the 50s

Ah... well the ones i were thinking about didn't fall into that category lol