Back From A Long Time Absence

B2Fresh

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's been awhile since I last posted on the ride and well I finally pulled the radiator out and while I was done pulling the radiator out I might as well pull the water pump off to check the to see if the impellers weren't rusted away and also causing the motor to start overheating.

Good news on the water pump. It had been replaced by the previous owner cuz it still looks new.. Better safe than sorry and it's only a $5-6 dollar fix than a $30-40 repair.

Tomorrow just have to drop off the radiator and wait for the call to pick it up and reinstall back in the car..

After the radiator repair comes the rebuilding of the front suspension. Replace the inner and outer tie rods and ball joints and bushings and have to lower it about another 1 1/2" to 2" to get rid of that wheel gap that I really don't like as well as the rear also. As for the rear I got new KYB shocks that I still need to install also. So little by little it's coming together. Can't wait to get all the mechanica part all dialed in before I start thinking what I'm going to do for body and paint.

Will need to finish one thing before we start on the other.

Keep you posted as I go..

• Like 2

Well it's been awhile since I last posted on the ride and well I finally pulled the radiator out and while I was done pulling the radiator out I might as well pull the water pump off to check the to see if the impellers weren't rusted away and also causing the motor to start overheating.

Good news on the water pump. It had been replaced by the previous owner cuz it still looks new.. Better safe than sorry and it's only a $5-6 dollar fix than a $30-40 repair.

Tomorrow just have to drop off the radiator and wait for the call to pick it up and reinstall back in the car..

After the radiator repair comes the rebuilding of the front suspension. Replace the inner and outer tie rods and ball joints and bushings and have to lower it about another 1 1/2" to 2" to get rid of that wheel gap that I really don't like as well as the rear also. As for the rear I got new KYB shocks that I still need to install also. So little by little it's coming together. Can't wait to get all the mechanica part all dialed in before I start thinking what I'm going to do for body and paint.

Will need to finish one thing before we start on the other.

Keep you posted as I go..

Can you post details and pics on the front and rear suspension work/upgrades?  I'd love to see what can be done.