Back From A Long Time Absence

B2Fresh

Well it's been a good long while since my last post on the dash pad repair and since then I've finally picked up a left front (drivers side) strut assembly over at the Eagle Rock Swap Meet couple weeks ago. Plus I picked a couple of other little items that were needed for the B210.

So the strut assembly was badly bent as well as the strut rod and lower control arm too. So decided to just replace all the parts and well it all worked as planed. Just need to fine tune the alignment after I tried to get it as close as I could to just to get to go in a straight line..

After all the suspension work done I went and took the ride to get the smog done and sure enough it failed. It failed the gas cap test and the timing was to advanced that caused to "NO's" to run high and those were the two reasons for the no pass on the smog test. Things that need to be fixed and I'm off to get it retested and hope for the best to pass the smog test..

I've already replace the gas cap and I figure I replace the spark plugs and adjust the timing and give it a fine tune before going back. Fingers crossed.!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I was also been waiting for the timing of the suspension parts I was working on the rear back panels that cover the spare tire and here is what I made made and just need to finish it up. Just need the hinges and screw the panels in place.

FC5F66FF-3D44-4A9B-9B8F-562A2B9340EE_zps

My little helper.

3C5F18E7-44C7-46C1-8D80-CCBA3EBA5709_zps

Panels placed in the car.

B3EB261E-051F-4295-B534-14BB31951811_zps

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So since I bought the Datsun and been trying to find the front strut assembly and finding it at the Eagle Rock Swap Meet. I managed to get that all squared away and fixed and then went last weekend to get it smogged and failed the test. I had everything fixed and corrected to take it back today and got the green that it passed the test and now I'm officially legal to drive my ride..

Now it's time to tinker with it and do a wheel gap adjustment (lower) to it. Plus I also while I'm at it I need to replace some bushings to tighten up the suspension and also replace the struts and rear shocks..

So little by little this will happen and take place..

Wasn't that hard to take out. I will take a picture of the underside so you can see where all the screws are located. All I used was a stubby screwdriver to unscrew them.

I have found this little guy helps immensely getting to those screws.

BTWOS.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

So it's been awhile since I've posted about my ride and so I think it's do for an update.

So I've added mk1 spoiler and got a new set of wheels and misc other things that I've done to the car.

And next week it get an altitude adjustment and get the carb rebuilt.. Oh and I also need to replace the fuel pump it went out on me the other day..

So here is pictures of the front mk1 spoiler (lip) and the new wheels.

Front mk1 spoiler.

CE2C32FB-1E1D-4934-91FF-B8529E0AF123_zps

Wheels Before.

7655252B-1178-4CB4-BC55-FCC18A7E5590_zps

Wheels After..

5EA9FB31-BC2C-4515-A4EA-B70EFE47EDB7_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my ride..

Bought some new tires BFG' 175/50/13"s with the stickers on them never been mounted. Also replaced all breaks on all four corners and also lowered the car but still need to lower it about another 1 1/2" more. To much wheel gap still and I don't like it. And also bolted up some camber plates too.. Also rebuilt to carb and just need to dial it in. Much better now and starts on the first turn of the key..

Bad news now.. Radiator sprung a leak and now to pull it out to go get it repaired.

Before lowering with new tires.

2FCBA612-C880-4D41-9B2D-E5661129590D_zps

After lowering it.

3C875C88-5A3F-4B30-A4AF-953EDBF1B3C7_zps

Update on my ride..

Bought some new tires BFG' 175/50/13"s with the stickers on them never been mounted. Also replaced all breaks on all four corners and also lowered the car but still need to lower it about another 1 1/2" more. To much wheel gap still and I don't like it. And also bolted up some camber plates too.. Also rebuilt to carb and just need to dial it in. Much better now and starts on the first turn of the key..

Bad news now.. Radiator sprung a leak and now to pull it out to go get it repaired.

After lowering it.

Those rims look good on that car.

Hey John.

Thanks.. I think so too.

I appreciate the deal on them.. Yeah the 60 series where a bit to big for the car and I wouldn't been able to lower it and not hit or rub really bad..

This with the 60 series tires before lowering it.

5EA9FB31-BC2C-4515-A4EA-B70EFE47EDB7_zps

Update on my ride..

After lowering it.

Awesome!  Can you elaborate on your brake job?  New drums/shoes?  Did you replace the drum hardware? springs, etc...  What did you do to the front brakes? 

How is the outcome?  

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Thanks "jboulukos"

All I did was resurfaced the drums and rotors.. Replaced rear wheel cylinders (leaking). Hardware was in good shape just cleaned with break fluid and reassembled with nos Nissan break shoes and pads. Breaks work awesome and no more grinding and pulling to the side and more refilling the master cylinder cuz of the leaking wheel cylinders. I feel much safer now..

• Like 1