Got the 510 dyno'd

DrRocks0

Got the 510 dyno'd today, did about what I expected. 194 hp, 196 tq.  Running a 3.36:1 rear diff took 5% off from my 3.54:1 diff but still decent numbers. Full built sr20det with BC stage 2 cams, stock turbo @10 psi ( need better controller), ecu and injectors ( for now ). 

IMG_20151017_125848592.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not bad, did they do any tuning? If you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you for the dyno?

I just got my 510 running yesterday, and need to find a place to dyno and tune with a megasquirt. Im hoping to get around 250 hp with my setup, but after seeing your stats, im probably way off.

• Like 1

Lol! 

not to many people get that :)

I just tuned a gtx30 upgraded from a 76R on a audi 1.8

Just had to add more fuel.  No additional lag, added a small amount of timing to make up for it.

Awesome turbo if you can afford the billet wheel.  Spooling of a 28 (damn near a 25) with the top end of a 30.

Good choice for a 2.0 anything.

Break it in faster :)

• Like 1

Lol! 

not to many people get that :)

I just tuned a gtx30 upgraded from a 76R on a audi 1.8

Just had to add more fuel.  No additional lag, added a small amount of timing to make up for it.

Awesome turbo if you can afford the billet wheel.  Spooling of a 28 (damn near a 25) with the top end of a 30.

Good choice for a 2.0 anything.

Break it in faster :)

Very tempting, I have seen the new GTX series have been performing well. I have heard mixed reviews that the GTX spool better than the GT but less performance when comparing same size turbos. Would you say that is the case? GTX30 vs GT2871R?

Yes.

If comparing the gtx30 to the gt30, the gt has better top end, but not enough to even notice.  You can see it in the tuning and the on a graph, but real world, you will never know.

And that's on built engines with heads able to flow that high to tell the difference.  with no head work, you will never move enough air to see the difference.

• Like 1

I have BC stage 2 springs and currently running BC stage 2 264 cams, I also have a set of tomei 272 if I want to go that route. I don't really want a top end monster, just a mid range street beast. Which turbo would you reccomend? I was going to try to track town a T3 GT2876R, but if the GTX30R spools the same and boost better all around I can go that route also. I know the tune has a lot to do with it, but lets say in the hands of a capable tuner which route would you take? 

Gtx series all day.

Even with cams/springs, unless your porting/polishing, you'll never see the downsides.

Right now Im rotary and going to go with a 60 trim.

But when and if my track car ever gets done it will either be a 2.0 and a gtx30, or a 2.4, and a gtx35

A lot comes down to budget.  There's plenty of 2876's being upgraded and can be had for a couple hundred bucks.  Not a lot of people can wait to save up and buy the better stuff.

But you'll be faster :)

honestly, 300 hp in 2200lbs is plenty!  I have a track rabbit @255hp and 1700lbs which is pretty insane.  Hell my diesel rabbit at 175hp puts many to shame :)

• Like 1

if you want a mid range monster go gtx28.  But boost will come on soon and strong, and you will have to run good/wide tires to keep any kind of traction.

If you have good tuner and will take the time to tune by gear, get the gtx28, and pull timing in 1st, 2nd,3rd, so you wont just spin the tires.

200hp? not bad and believable. Not like everyone else that claims 350 -650 on their SD20DET.

Thank you. This dyno reads a tad low and 1 point lean according to my neighbor with a beast 2015 m3. He says if I went somewhere else it would be around 210 but I'm not really a number whore like that. Knowing the 1 point lean is interesting though, means I'm around 11.3 AFR which is pretty fat at full boost. 

350 is easily attainable with about 2 grand (less if you don't buy new).  Stock internals, full frame 28 series turbo, injectors, intercooler, and tuning (low boost, safe timing).

650 is in the relm of 3.5-5k  Lots of timing !!!! :)

These are all just engine figures.  Nothing including fabrication and all the other upgrades that should be included when going high hp.

• Like 1

350 is easily attainable with about 2 grand (less if you don't buy new).  Stock internals, full frame 28 series turbo, injectors, intercooler, and tuning (low boost, safe timing).

650 is in the relm of 3.5-5k  Lots of timing !!!! :)

These are all just engine figures.  Nothing including fabrication and all the other upgrades that should be included when going high hp.

Well I'm already built: CP pistons, eagle rods, ACL large clearance bearings, ARP everything, apexi metal head gasket. This motor was in my friends 240sx running 450 hp at the wheels in his drift car but he decided to go LS1 so I got it at a damn good price. He ran it for a few races with a large oil cooler that I have as well. So it should easily be able to hold the HP that I am looking for. :D

pinging. socal gas not helping (you must have heard about this problem) but exhaust issue needs resolving too

stock dp because guy making the custom dps that i really want hasn't resumed making them (they're worth waiting for), but if he's not doing them by new year i'll have to figure out another route

but yea lots of potential..