New owner of 520

lightz

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grill, lights are on which was a pain because it was all bent up as you see in the older pictures but i did what i could until i can afford to buy the whole front bezel and grill with from one of our member, but money is tight, so for now use what i have, i just want to drive. 

• Like 1

Charlie69, Thanks, had to be creative with little funds. Drums brake take a little to get use to and you are right it has to be adjusted to get them working, soon should get a video with the pickup. 

• Like 1

Hello Guy,

This is a very old topic but i have to ask because i am doing something wrong, i lowered the front of the truck with the torsion bar but i thing i am doing it wrong because as other guys described they reindex  the torsion bar and there truck would be really low. Guy let me know what i am doing wrong, the tire size is 195/50/15 15x8 rim.  :confused:

• Like 1

Morning guys,

Thanks for the information  and i go back and try it again,

Question once i have remove the torsion bar and mark the spot were it was,

raise the wheel to the desire height 

now i am installing back the torsion bar to the spot were it was, 

is this were i reindex it, is it from my original mark, i go one spline up or down.

• Like 1

The index comes down to desired ride height and how the adjusters are lined up, but yes you have the right idea... you'll need to put it back on the ground with it's weigh to see where it ends up....

the biggest thing is like Wayno said is make sure your adjusters are not gonna hit anything while driving....

• Like 1

Morning Guys,

First time i did it, did mark the torsion bar and it fell, two strikes, this is what i notice when remove the torsion bar completely on both side, passenger side seat lower about 1/2 inch plus bump stumps removed also, so i am confused with this one. Could it be one shock is blown and thats why? any thoughts on this.

• Like 1