yay rust rust rust....

Littlewozza

knew there was some rust on the 620 i got, never knew how much, nothing unfixable! but going to need alot of sheet metal...

both sills (rockers?) i call them sills.

both mounting points on front body, under battery tray and other side to, 

rebuild ALL of the body work near battery tray

and floor boards

luckily rear end avoided it all, due to having a camper fitted.

some photos..DSC_0180_zpss9znotj7.jpg?1444323322538&1DSC_0180_zpss9znotj7.jpg?1444323322538&1DSC_0175_zpsycya2zyk.jpg?1444323322538&1

DSC_0173_zpso2whh37t.jpg?1444323322538&1

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if anywhere do repair panels for the floors or sills (rockers)? i can make them not a problem but if someone makes repair panels it would save me time, also anyone know of anywhere with any datsuns in wrecking yards in missouri around st louis, cape girardeau area? or anywhere within a few hundred miles, im wondering if maybe i could cut some bits out if there not rotten on the ones in wrecking yards. 

plus side... bed is good...received_10208061286233785_zpsfw6mu86v.j

• Like 1

I do not know about 620 trucks, but with 521 trucks, I have to make my own new floor parts.  620 trucks being a newer generation might have more parts availability.

See this thread:  http://community.ratsun.net/topic/51593-floor-repair/

Your task of obtaining a 620 to use for parts is more complicated, because of where you live.  I live in a "golden triangle" of Datsun land, a short drive to Canby, and Blue Lake Datsun meets, with two local Nissan dealers willing to take the time to look up old part numbers, and order the parts that are still available.  One dealer even give a discount for being  a member of community.ratsun.net.  I also have the advantage of living on the west coast, where Datsuns arrived in ships from Japan.  There are just more Datsuns here, than in the Midwest.   Oregon does not salt roads in the winter either.

If you are looking for a 620 to use for body parts, I would suggest you try to get one from the Southwest area of the USA.   Southwest area Datsuns generally have less rust, but more damage on rubber and plastic parts.  Northwest area Datsuns also have more rust problems, but better rubber, and plastic parts.

It depends what your time is worth to you. That's a lot of fixin. I would just go get another cab or truck that's not running or cut the floors completely out and weld a push bar to the frame and give Fred Flintstone competition.

Really don't mind welding I've rebuilt 3 Lancia deltas and as I'm sure you know rust is bad on those, I'm also a fully trained welder so it's not a problem I just wondered if anyone had any ideas on panels eye thanks for the responses

• 2 weeks later...