1975 620 in Tijuana

Leche

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That seat looks good! The lines may not line up when looking straight at it, but you don't really see that as much when it's in the truck.

I might have to take a trip a little south, when the time comes.

Yeah it's a little off but not by much, but I'm happy with it. I knew going in and from looking at other jobs he did the quality that I would be getting. If you need to come down let me know and I can take you to him.

Dam it looking good!

Thanks bro!

Looking good

I like it

Glad you like it brother!

Beautiful work!

Thanks Draker!

Is that door sill rubber above the lock standard?

The hole was there in the cab and then I found those little rubber bumpers on ebay and figured that's where they go. I hope it's right LOL. They do a good job at dampening that area when you shut the door.

• Like 1

You keep at it and it will be better than new!  Nice work.  Carpet, door panels, kick panels and heas liner and I think ytou are done.  Love this truck!

Thanks for the compliment bro. You are basically right with that list, today I go and get the headliner done. A couple more things though to add, I need to paint the bed install my windows and I also want to get a new exhaust put in. I really can't wait to get it finished

Did not search for the holes, but I looked it up and realized I too have those rubbers from a rubber seal kit I bought

When I bought mine they came in a pack of 4 but I could only locate locations for one on each door. I wonder if these go anywhere else, maybe someone knows.

I just realized your truck is a long bed. It looks good. Great job on the interior! Those colors go well with the exterior.

Thanks mcordero8, I wanted to keep it with subtle colors, nothing over the top or complicated. The problem with the guy that is doing the interior is that he doesn't have a place to store the car, so I either have to take the car in the morning and pick it up in the evening or take him each piece for him to do. Like today, I have to go and wait there while he does the headliner and it will be the same thing next Friday when I take it to get the carpet installed.

• Like 1

Is that the same tailgate? I'd like to have seen how that was fixed, damn.

Also, the brackets under the hood (brake line clamps, fuel filter holder) look new. Did u get them re-plated, paint, or what?

I was curious to see what the plan was for the dash, cuz every part of the truck got miracles.

Beautiful place you live, sir.

• Like 1

Is that the same tailgate? I'd like to have seen how that was fixed, damn.

Also, the brackets under the hood (brake line clamps, fuel filter holder) look new. Did u get them re-plated, paint, or what?

I was curious to see what the plan was for the dash, cuz every part of the truck got miracles.

Beautiful place you live, sir.

Yes that is the same tailgate I bought the truck with. It required a lot of attention but the good thing is that since it's a single skin of metal it was a lot easier to do the body work on it, still took a while though and a lot of primer really helped jajajaja. All the underhood brackets got cleaned, sanded and painted. I was going to take them to the get them plated but it was going to take too long and cost was an issue. The dash is my least favorite but I had to do with what I had, maybe in the future if I find a nicer one I will swap it out. Thanks for the compliments buddy and I'm glad you like it. :thumbup:

Wow bro! Nice truck I also have a 620 in tj getting body work done ur truck is a inspiration good job

Oh yeah, where did you take it? Let's see some pictures of it bro B)

• Like 1

What kind of paint for brackets? In the pics it looks just like a fresh cadmium plate!

I hope to also freshen my truck, awesome job on yours!

The way I painted those is first I shot them with a zinc coating spray paint and afterwards l used a light dusting of gold chrome paint to give it the plating effect. Thanks for the compliments on 5he truck bro!

So today I got the carpet done and last week I got the headliner done also. For the carpet they installed a padding and I went with a dark gray carpet. Came out very nice and driving the truck home I could definitely tell how much quieter it was inside.

IMG-20161111-WA0009_zpsmkatfw9g.jpg

20161111_153715_zpsmqigovj9.jpg

20161111_153743_zpswtv56rh8.jpg

• Like 3

Headliner is a suede type material that is meant for automotive upholstery. Right after I had it done I installed my windshield and the back window. All that's left of the interior is getting the door and kick panels made and then take them to the upholstery dude. Hopfully in the next couple of weeks because I need to go buy the material.

20161111_153659_zpsbc9uh3aa.jpg

20161111_153652_zps1alf2akx.jpg

• Like 4

Looks good!

Thanks buddy, have you done any more work to your truck?

Beautiful work on the carpet and the headliner.  Getting real close to having this one done.  Enjoy your truck you have earned it.

Who is doing the upholstery?

Glad you liked the upholstery, I'll take more pictures of it when it's all finished. The guys name is Meño and he has a small shop here in Tijuana, if you need I can get you his info but I left his card at my work so I can get it for you tomorrow.

• Like 2

Thanks buddy, have you done any more work to your truck?

Not really. I did change my wipers again because I didn't really care for the double wipers. I put some Mtec ones from Japan. They are titanium. I bought two sets. One is red, and the other one is silver. Almost like the stock color. When I get a chance I will post some pics.

• Like 2

Sweet man, I really want to see how those look.

Well today the wife was hungover :) so we didn't have to go out grocery shopping and I got a chance to work on my amplifier rack. I'll mount it in the truck tomorrow after the glue dries.

20161113_113932_zpsnthbuy4l.jpg

20161113_113948_zpst4v4ajgk.jpg

20161113_114008_zpsfggwacli.jpg

• Like 3

I thought you were having it done in TJ just by the prices,  It looks great.

There is a little Uphestery shop about 3 miles from my house and he has been at that location as long as I can remember.  He did the interior in one of my 55 Chevies back in the seventies.  His son and grandson do the work and he supervises.

Thank you for the offer of your upholsterer.

• Like 1

No problem Charlie, anything you need just ask. I'm here to help :)

Today I was able to finish putting the carpet on my sub box and I went to home Depot to buy the material to make my door cards, kick panels and for the panel behind the seat.

IMG-20161114-WA0009_zpsrwznpec0.jpg

IMG-20161114-WA0010_zps82yn8agz.jpg

IMG-20161114-WA0008_zpsakttp9gj.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got some time yesterday during our Thanksgiving break to get to my door panels. It was nice to have the originals as patterns and it made making these a lot easier. Next will be taking them to the upholstery shop to finish them.

20161124_160606_zpscg0rya9b.jpg

20161124_160627_zps6f1znhsb.jpg

I've also been driving it a bit more to work out all the kinks. In the next couple of weeks I'll be getting the alignment done although it feels pretty good right now. It's low for the roads here in Tijuana so I need to be super careful when driving it jajaja a :) This was in front of my buddies restaurant yesterday.

20161124_163107_zps2smxvfhr.jpg

• Like 8
  • 4 weeks later...