1975 620 in Tijuana

Leche

Finished painting the dash instrument surround, I went with the same gray I used for the top of the dash. For the silver lines I used a sharpie marker with oil based paint, it took a couple passes but it came out well. Oh and a sneak peak at the head unit I'll be using.

20160322_194617_zpsczszqe2m.jpg

20160322_194628_zpsebzhdqlr.jpg

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're welcome Draker.

More updates from this week, I've been busy getting the truck put back together. My suspension and brake parts arrived so I was able to finish putting them on.

20160326_100149_zps9n6gv02v.jpg

Suspension put back together!

20160326_110524_zpsd82nv2ml.jpg

Oh and decided to start working on my sub enclosure.

20160326_120037_zps0icfansg.jpg

wow great work! I really like how that trim panel came out. what kind of paint was it? also I am super interested in that sub box. Mine fits where the passenger footwell is, I'd rather have it in behind the seat like yours

For the gray I used Krylon CoverMaxx spray paint that I bought at Walmart and for the black I used SEM Trim Black #39143 and this I buy at the local autobody supply store.  This paint is awesome because it leaves just the right amount of sheen on the paint without it being too flat.

The sub box was tricky to figure out because there isn't much room in the back of the seat and since I am 6' I need to have the seat almost all the way back.  I'm also going to be using a 10" Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow subwoofer P3SD2-10.  Here is a picture of the measurements of the box, the length you would need to figure out depending on the box volume requirements of the sub you choose.  Here is a really good calculator so you can figure that our. http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

Sub%20Box_zps6palageh.jpg

Hey thanks bro, yes I'm actually going to keep the original motor in it.  I just want to start enjoying it sooner rather than later, maybe the next one I can do a swap of some sort.  It wasn't my intention to get this far into the build but one thing leads to another and then you are doing more than you had imagined jajajajaja.

• Like 2

I have the opposite problem. I'm always rushing to get the thing mobile and telling myself that I will go back and clean it up later. Then I don't, so my stuff always looks like crap, but usually runs.

• Like 3

Ok so I finished making my sub box and soon I'll be buying the material to cover it.

20160402_103729_zpsy4wakoyh.jpg

My hood used to sound like a tin can and it was being impossible to line up because all the old sealant underneath was gone. I put new sealant and now no more tin can sound and I'm able to properly align it. It also feels more solid.

20160402_104632_zpsqmwkphex.jpg

20160402_104625_zps14xodjut.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So what happen Leche no more progress on you 620

Well bud I've been working on two projects at once and it's been hard to finish the 620 but last week I made some good progress on it. I had to move it to a friend's place because blocking and sanding was making a huge mess here at my house. Final sanding this week and I've already bought all the paint materials. I promise paint pics next week and a half, but here are some in the meantime.

20160820_114308_zps9dw3qbhb.jpg

20160820_114316_zpsambowhxv.jpg

20160820_114325_zpsoshylcaq.jpg

20160820_114339_zps2qfblbvx.jpg

• Like 4

I took my head to get worked on last Saturday and they called me today to tell me that it was ready but I didn't get out of work early enough to go and get it. I'll ditch work earlier tomorrow to go get it. In the meantime I started cleaning the block to paint it.

20160824_191737_zpsl8mf9pjo.jpg

20160824_191747_zpsch0z7cg5.jpg

20160824_191754_zps4srwpstw.jpg

• Like 3