1975 620 in Tijuana

Leche

They look like either 87mm Z22 pistons or cut down 89mm KA24DE pistons. You didn't happen to measure the bore, did you?

No I didn't even think of doing that. I will be taking out the engine after I finish the bodywork and I'll be sure to measure them.

• Like 1
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if CA spec was lower compression?

L20Bs were all the same car or truck for that year. The 110 hp vs. 93 hp is just the different way the engines were measured for hp. Gross vs. net. Different years having slight differences was likely due to the different emissions equipment added. Four or five hp at 5,800 won't affect much.

• Like 1

Ive heard of a junk yard with plenty of datsuns in tj, ill get u the name and location tomorrow when i ask my brother

Oh sweet bro thank you! I went the other day to one but didn't find any.

L20Bs were all the same car or truck for that year. The 110 hp vs. 93 hp is just the different way the engines were measured for hp. Gross vs. net. Different years having slight differences was likely due to the different emissions equipment added. Four or five hp at 5,800 won't affect much.

As always very good info, thank you.

So there were no pics on this page, figured I would post some from when I went to buy the truck.

20150912_120507_zps4p6rqprp.jpg

20150912_120409_zpsgjljjega.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Haven't updated in a while because I've been busy with another project but the 620 is coming along. I've finished most of the body work and I have 2k primer on her now. Still needs to align the gaps better but I'll sort all of that soon. I also removed the interior and will be starting upholstery soon.

Here's some pics of the interior, I was surprised that everything is in good shape under the dash.

20160116_152803_zpstkcbobvh.jpg

20160116_152814_zpswwpkrxdp.jpg

And a final pic of how she looks right now. I ordered the lowering blocks and hopefully they will come in before next weekend so I can get her lowered.

20160116_152911_zpschizeg43.jpg

• Like 6
  • 1 month later...

@ mcordero8

Thanks man, yes I will be leaving the hooks on and the color I'm planning is a dark grey called Grigio Telesto

@DarkStar620 and Elkie

I agree with you guys, I also like the hooks so I will be leaving them on.

Transmission cleaned up well with just some degreaser, going to do some more cleaning on it to see if I can get a bit of shine out of her. 

20160228_095222_zpskxvhjc2d.jpg

Underside of the truck bed was in pretty good shape so it was mostly scraping off loose paint and sanding off some surface rust.

20160219_174727_zpsaqmfsz3i.jpg

• Like 2

@ mcordro8:  Thanks brother, you've inspired me to do  a lot of this work.

@ Scgreen620:  It is a lot of fun most of the time, except when you have to clean greasy parts, strip paint, get full of sanding and grinding dust jajaja.

• Like 3

Here are some small projects from this weekend.  I got my dash all painted up and ready to go but I haven't finished the dash cluster piece yet.

20160320_141933_zps9y2m1wga.jpg

20160320_142715_zps6bcizihh.jpg

Installed all new wheel bearings, seals and brake cylinders, just waiting for my brake shoes and shocks to show up and I can finish up my suspension.

20160320_144534_zpsffgji7zj.jpg

• Like 1