720driver97

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I googled "Nissan 720 body lift"

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pra-4033

There are also suspension lifts but it all depends on what your plans with the truck are. I've heard it's not good to run more than a 2 inch body lift if you'll be offroad at all. There are a few solid axle swapped 720's out there, it's just a lot of fab work.

• Like 1

Suspension lift maxes out at about 3 inches. 4x4parts.com sells a lift kit. Front is upper control arms and re indexing torsion bars. Rear can be done by installing shackles or blocks or 2wd leaf springs.

Body lift kits can also be purchased. I believe it takes 10 blocks? I think it is 6 blocks under the cab and 4 under the bed? No promises.

• Like 1

I wouldn't use shackles. Adding 2" of increased shackle would lift the axle less than an inch because the hinge point is forward of the axle. In fact the axle is closer to the front than the shackle so even worse. In addition, lateral stability is compromised. Just imagine your g/f on 7" stilettos. I mixed Nissan and Ford F-150 springs with 9" of arch in them.

I've done 4" body lift on a 720 frame with a 620 body. The rad had to be lowered on the rad support because the hoses wouldn't reach and the fan not fit the shroud. Gas tank filler hose won't reach. Brake flex line down to the differential was lengthened. The front brake hard lines just had enough coil in them to stretch. I loosened the clutch hard line at the flex line connection and let it hang more. Had 720 steering column so it was jointed and would allow the cab to move higher unlike the one piece column and box on the 521/620 trucks.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am removing a 3" body lift as we speak. Will be getting rid of all of it.

If you want it come and get it.

OR SEND A BIG BOX.....

Blocks , bolts , frame skirts , fender well skirts etc.

It was a nice kit , very complete

I'm going a different direction with my 84.

The bed has 6 blocks and 4 center rub spacers.

The cab runs 4 blocks 2 spacers and a pair of  core blocks.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey bottomwatcher, I am proud to say I am! After the final adjustments made to the carburetor and replacing both the intake and exhaust ignition coils, cleaning off the ends of my spark plugs and replacing the battery terminal wires, she drives like a top! It has been such a long journey but I couldn't have done it without the help of this forum and it's active members! Thank you for asking, you rock! :)

• Like 2