VGs are ugly motors. Come prove me wrong!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Qwik, that looks good. What vehicle did that come from? And, how would that differ from the SR20... etc., engines others want? Thanks.

My engine is actually a VG33 - from a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder. 3.3 liter.

I am using the 1987-1988 Nissan 200sx SE intake and exhaust manifolds.

SR20 is a 4 cyl.

• Like 1

Vger, that super charger helps make that engine prettier. That's my favorite one yet.

Eric, in the other thread we were discussing these engines, that's the same idea I mentioned. Some sweet finned cast aluminum valve covers would be awesome and help me like this engine more.

Vger, that super charger helps make that engine prettier. That's my favorite one yet.

Eric, in the other thread we were discussing these engines, that's the same idea I mentioned. Some sweet finned cast aluminum valve covers would be awesome and help me like this engine more.

Electromotive made some Aluminum valve covers, but, they are pretty darn rare and very expensive.  But, a friend of mine scored a set and may try to have them replicated. 

I'm just surprised the number of people who run with open timing belts.  I'd be worried a rock would get in there and then bam, valves, pistons, not a good thing.

True this be^^^

No it's not.  :rofl:

Seen eleventy billion cars with no covers. Never seen one failure from this mysterious rock. Methinks this is just an old wive's tale... 

Friend of mine said exactly the above statement to a Nissan master tech friend of mine. His succinct reply was "you obviously have no idea how fast that belt is moving while the engine is running".  ^_^

• Like 1