521 for my first project

quadub

I might have a spare cluster to replace that part... will have to look tonight after work.

that would be swesome! keep me posted, i would much rather replace just the speedo part if i can get my hands on it as the unit i have is pretty clean and in really good shape. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

got a couple updates, got the speedometer portion of the cluster put in and installed in the car along with a new speedo cable as well. Took it for a test drive and the slower speeds seem very high, but the freeway speeds seem to be pretty close. other than that, all went well, all gauges and lights work. 

image2_7.jpg

Now for the bad news. i started hearing a "clicking" coming from the pasenger side of the engine bay near the firewall.(started before the cluster swap). after installing the new cluster parts, on the test drive the ignition switch was flickering. did some research, and found that it is the voltage regulator. Now im just curious as to what would cause this to go bad? just to be clear, it is the farthest right box making the noise, and i can even feel it if i put my hand to the outside. 

image1_9.jpg

• Like 1

Have you cked the voltage across the batter while its running?

try reseating connector

Buy a solid state one at carquest. VR728 I think is the part number

use this work great

http://innova.com/en-US/Product/Detail/3721

my 521 was poping fuses and cause the alt light to come on and stop charging. I reseat the connector in back of dash then everything is fine. Maybe there is a resisitance and cause the volt reg to go in to a flutter

• Like 1