Fuel return send

Osoi

Hey, is this a hard stock part to come by? I have a guy restoring my gas tank and he's been holding off cause they are waiting for the part.

A cursory search of eBay revealed two kinds. Evap, and non-Evan. Anyone which if any of them works? I've been waiting almost 2 months for my truck to get done.

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what you mean by fuel return send.

I know evaporative emission controls were put on vehicles sold in california before the rest of the nation.   Does your truck have evaporative emission controls?

Evaporative emission control 521 trucks have a fuel vapor seperator in the bed, just ahead of the left side wheel well.  does your truck have this?

• Like 1

As far as a I understand, the fuel return send is essentially a float valve that lets the gas gauge know how much fuel is in the tank. I don't know if it has the emission controls or not. Is that the difference between the Cali non-Cali ones?

• Like 2

OH, fuel gauge sender.

I do not think there is a difference between the parts.  Look in the bed of your truck.  There is a plate close to the front of the left wheel well.  that plate can be pryed up with a large screwdriver.  That gives you access to the top of the gas tank, when the tank is in the truck.  So even if the one you have does not work, you can go ahead and change it later, when the truck is together.