Datsun Billet Group buy interest?

Mattndew76

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh damn nice billet work man, what kinda CNC machine are you using to make these a Haas? Dude you should make some floor kick plates that say Datsun on em, I'm pretty sure everybody's are all bent up from getting in and out, we could get enough 10ers in a group buy probably to make it worthwhile.

Oh damn nice billet work man, what kinda CNC machine are you using to make these a Haas? Dude you should make some floor kick plates that say Datsun on em, I'm pretty sure everybody's are all bent up from getting in and out, we could get enough 10ers in a group buy probably to make it worthwhile.

The door jam kick plates are an item that needs to be stamped from a press. I looked into making these a while back and to CNC mill them would never have a good return on investment. Investing in stamp tooling might.

I have an old FADAL that was made across the street from the HAAS factory. :D

Do you have more of those Billet mustache bars? Will those work to install a CLSD R-160 Diff? Just wondering cause it looked like a well engineered piece. :thumbup:

I don't have any sitting around, but a call to the local metals yard can get me a piece of material to make one.  They install on any of the 510 R160's, and R180's.

If you cnc the tooling.. you might do OK on pressed parts.

This is from the other forum I frequent. Pretty sweet setup. 

Played with a side panel for 5 minutes.....Gotta do something every day to stay sane.

I made a press a few years ago with the shop logo, makes for a nice touch.  Think I'll break out the beadroller thouugh, they look a little plain........I like it better with the panels though.

20160711_182513_zps7nkxvrad.jpg

20160711_182236_zpsrmjobym8.jpg

20160711_183102_zpsn0vfytlw.jpg

Plasma table and laminated plate.  Bolts for alignment.

Can actually do some pretty complex shapes.  Saw it on Pirate somewhere originally, think someone did stars?

In hindsite I shouuldnt have used 1/4 for the male die, its too deep.  I space it up with washers, 14 guage steel I can use one washer and get a better stamp, the aluminum  punched through the first time, so I needed to add a washer.  Still clean enough to run though.

20160712_095108_zpszn0ajgh0.jpg

20160712_095052_zpswwfuzdxs.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

And a serviceable battery.

That part looks nice!

Yeah the battery in these things is extremely low quality.

When you are ready to do a billet gauge pod let me know.. I like the plastic one, but we may need to go billet :D

Id be interested in a gauge pod that doubles as the radio delete plate for my 521.

I will need a dimensional info for the required gauge port size, Size of rectangular space the plate would occupy, and info on back spacing for clamping system.

A visit from a 521 truck owner would be good to help design one too.. 

• Like 1