His first car..

trout104

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a line on a carb from a z22(84. 720).. will this be OK on our 78. L20b..it's new in box for $100..

I wouldn't mess with a z-series carb on an L motor. They have way more emissions ports. Sticking with the original Hitachi DCH340 and a rebuild kit worked for me ('80 720 with l20b), because I have to deal with emissions - otherwise, go with a Weber. (good place to order a Weber - http://www.piercemanifolds.com/default.asp    )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately we are having a hard time finding a windshield for the car..I found a used one but it is still in the car.. Hopefully we can get it out without shattering it. Anyways, my mother winters in Yuma during the winter..Anyone down in that area have a good one that she could bring back..We are in southern Alberta, I'm continuing to build and look for another.. Hopefully someone down that way can help me out.thanx in advance I'll try to get some pics up soon, as it is coming along, and almost to the painting stag, and the interior is almost complete less front seats.