His first car..

trout104

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a '78 510.

It's at least a 510 goon. Say it proud! Goon. AKA Estate Wagon. (the original sport utility vehicle) There were other 510s in the late '60s early '70s so to prevent you or others jumbling parts, questions and answers about the wrong car you could also call it an HL510. If you hear it called an A10..... it's alright too. I really like the looks of the 'round eye' A10. Four speed too! Trent's a lucky kid.

once I get better with this computer, I will post a bunch more. Here's a little back ground on our latest project.

Trent has a twin brother, his name is Travis. They don't look alike at all, nor do they act like. Which is good and bad all at once..lol Travis and I have been fixing up my '73 620, which is another story all by itself. I will also do a build thread on this at a later date. Anyway, about 3 months ago I was driving around, I ran into a bud I hadn't seen in a few years. I told him I was trying to find Trent a car or truck to fix up with me as a father son project. He put me in line with one of the locals. Next thing I knew I was standing in a junk yard that had been neglected for several years. In among all this crap was this car. Well 4 hours,2 chains, 1 tow strap, my nissan titan and a buddys zoomboom, we loaded the car and drug it home. The owner of the property and car was so impressed in the way we got everything moved around and cleaned up, He gave Trent the car "NO CHARGE".he said, just nice to see a young man getting into a project like this. He also has a 79 510 2 door sedan in which we can use for parts. But to get it out we'll need a crane. So one piece at a time it is.

• Like 1

trents%20car%20037_zpsiv8zz1v0.jpg

probably what he is going to use

Maybe re-think that. From the picture the tires look like they are outside the fender lip. (are they) This will make lowering later impossible with out hitting and rubbing on bumps, not to mention crap sprayed on the body from the tires. This can be fixed by the correct selection of off set on the rims.

Way too much space above the tires. Definitely needs to be lower 2"+

We cleaned up the engine bay today. took out the dizzy to clean, gonna clean up the carb off the sedan, and install it. then install  a new M/C and clutch m/c. took the rad out and took it to the rad shop for a good flush and a check over. and I'm sure we'll find more to replace,clean.tighten. more Rock Auto parts.trents%20car%20045_zpsvn13ekbc.jpg?14422