Starting my daughter out right

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good and reliable. My bro had a sedan, we boonie crashed it, drove it to work at a ski resort, generally beat on it like a two dolla ho and it took it all like a champ. I actually missed the ugly little fucker when he had to sell it to get something bigger due to having kids.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I knew going into it, it has a overheating problem. The lady had the repairs done and it still overheated. "The same shop who did the repairs said it had a blown head gasket, causing the overheating. So she sold it to my friends wrecking yard.  They found the problem, radiator fan motor not coming on, thus over heating.  So I bought it from them and will repair the fan problem myself.  Runs pretty good for a 29 year old car.

She's excited.

• Like 1

Got the fan figured out. The sensor mounted into radiator is not closing when temps are hot. Jump that sensor and fan comes right on. BUT Im still overheating.  THe water pump was suppose to be changed out when the timing pump was replaced.  Going to check the thermostat next to make sure its not stuck

• 2 weeks later...

Good and reliable. My bro had a sedan, we boonie crashed it, drove it to work at a ski resort, generally beat on it like a two dolla ho and it took it all like a champ. I actually missed the ugly little fucker when he had to sell it to get something bigger due to having kids.

There you have it- boonie crashing inevitably leads to kids.