Oops I did it again...80's luxury part 2 (Cressida)

So I recently sold my 1987 BMW 5-series and I guess I just couldn't stay away from vintage luxury because a few days ago I traded what was left of my 4runner for a 1983 Cressida...and it's SWEET!

Here it is after a bath

20150905_171841_zpsbh7baw8n.jpg

I'm really just cleaning it up for now because it's only got 106k miles on it and it's in pretty good shape. Even has a digital dash!!

DSC_0015%202_zpsgbcwdwch.jpg

Will post more pics as I get it cleaned up, the engine bay is pretty bad so I'll be working on that next

• Like 2
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No but the story the towing company said (auction car) is that it was driven by an old man who got pulled over without any license, reg or insurance and it ended up getting towed. It could have been anywhere but it was last registered in CA so I doubt it's from that far north.

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly. Plus for me to really love the cressy it needs a 5 speed and a new rear diff ratio. That's some good money, the 521 I can cruise in as is and be completely satisfied.

In other news just ran a carfax on the cressy and it's reporting more valuable than book value. Nice! If only kbb went that far back I could find the book value lol.

Also I already bought the 521 hahaha. Now I gotta recoup some of the driveway space...