Photo

over reaction or worried for nothing?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 yellow510

yellow510
  • Cars:71 510, 16 Canyon, 69 912

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

fingers crossed. i hope he gets better soon too and not just for my own selfish reasons.

but it would be great if we could put this to rest.

#42 Ranman72

Ranman72
  • Cars:68 datsun 510 2 door / 69 Datsun Roadster /05 350z / 08 f350 / 73 datsun 1200 coupe

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:42 PM

Al has been in the hospital since we got back from Shasta last weekend; where he had no reception since Friday. Relax.

I don't know any other details about the transaction, therefore, I'm officially out. Nothing to worry about.

I can also vouch for this 

he was and maybe still is having some heath issues 

but I firmly believe this will all work out in the long run 

#43 EastBay521

EastBay521
  • Cars:71 521, 71 4door510

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:28 AM

^^x2. I too have had similar issues with other members but I finally received my shit. Al will come through  im sure of that. The man is generous as hell and would not fuck some one over like that, especially in this community.

#44 datzenmike

datzenmike
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

Some people are just slow to get in gear, lazy if you will and find it 'hard to get around to. They make promises that they mean to keep but... it just slips and keeps slipping. Maybe they are ill but like I already said they can at least communicate with the buyer.... after all you did take their money. Lets say you mention 'his' name. His friends vouch for him. He now has to live up to his friends good opinion of him. Peer pressure also known as shaming.

Now I'm confident this will work out.

Again.... convinced this will work out alright.

Posted Image

#45 flatcat19

flatcat19
  • Cars:Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

^ That. Al ain't gonna let you down.

You can't hang if your nuts haven't dropped...it's physics

#46 yellow510

yellow510
  • Cars:71 510, 16 Canyon, 69 912

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:14 PM

the big question now is: WHEN?

#47 datzenmike

datzenmike
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:11 AM

Geeeeez how much money we talking aboot? Is it going to cause a default on your house loan? put you in the poor house? kids not go to collage? no vacation this year? and please don't say it's the principal that matters here. I doubt it's really the money but most likely a delay in getting the engine and transmission into something, right?

Posted Image

#48 INDY510

INDY510

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:53 AM

Just shipping is probably around $400-500, and I doubt he would buy a cheap $200 motor, when that could be found in LA. I think any of us would complain about waiting almost 3 months after spending over $1,000.

#49 datzenmike

datzenmike

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

I assumed datslocos delivery company or a road trip.

Posted Image

#50 qwik510

qwik510
  • Location:Maryland (Suburbs of Washington, DC) East Coast USA
  • Cars:72 510 2 Door

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

Maybe its not so much about the money. Maybe it's about getting the motor so he can get his car on the road. Bought motor June 22. Entire summer goes by waiting for the motor. Now fall is coming. I know LA has nice weather year round but lots of people have more time for their projects in the summer.

Also, I've determined, I'm not a hoarder, I'm a collector.
As I'm sure a lot of the old school datsun guys are.

Enjoy the Ride!

David

1972 Datsun 510(Pete Brock's 510)
1977 Datsun 620 King Cab (Barn Find)

#51 bilzbobaggins

bilzbobaggins
  • Cars:1970 521 1996 Hardbody 4x4

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:04 PM

Geeeez mike. Didn't you get bent outta shape over Napa charging to much for shipping on a part? What if you had paid up front for that and you were still waiting? Wouldn't you be upset? Money is money and time is money Guy has been waiting over two months and has not blown up about it. He brought it up to the community for some help and you are belittling him. Smooth move

Wanted:  1978 B210 Hatchback or 78-80 510 2 door Hatch

#52 Middle man

Middle man
  • Cars:80 datsun sunrader,97 t100,honda 650cx,98 honda civic

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:09 PM

Just an idea...If you don'know which company is doing the shipping.The town the seller lives in has a chamber of commerce,they will give you a list of shipping vendors for his town.In his name the vendors can give no information,but as the person [your name] recieving goods,they are required to inform you that an item has or has not been sent to you.This will require searching for a local fed/x ups or from the chambers list.And producing your I.d is needed to validate who you are. Most shippers have an office locally to you. If no record of shipping,that for me would be enough to get my money back any way possible. And the deal could be done at a later date if you guys still wanted to do bussiness.

#53 datzenmike

datzenmike

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

No one was belittled. What I asked was...how much are we still talking about here? Still no answer. Is it enough to get bent about or is it the delay in getting the engine holding something up?  Agreed money is money but is it really enough of an amount to be concerned about? No amount has been specified. And besides it's not stolen or lost it's just temporarily unavailable like money in a RRSP. It would be more of a problem if this is holding up a project completion. 

NAPA quoted me $12 and change plus a shipping fee. (unspecified and I assumed a few dollars each) When the parts came in a week later it was over $28 dollars. Told them they could keep them, I wasn't paying $14 more than what the parts were worth in shipping. If they had told be $28 right off I would have walked out. All it cost me was a wasted trip there. Ordered them elsewhere the next day, they were in the following morning (17 hours later) and for $10 and change with tax. , I'm in no hurry and stiil have them.

Posted Image

#54 67_1600

67_1600
  • Cars:'71 510 wagon (The Flying Squirrel)

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

No one was belittled. What I asked was...how much are we still talking about here? Still no answer. Is it enough to get bent about or is it the delay in getting the engine holding something up?  Agreed money is money but is it really enough of an amount to be concerned about? No amount has been specified. And besides it's not stolen or lost it's just temporarily unavailable like money in a RRSP. It would be more of a problem if this is holding up a project completion. 

NAPA quoted me $12 and change plus a shipping fee. (unspecified and I assumed a few dollars each) When the parts came in a week later it was over $28 dollars. Told them they could keep them, I wasn't paying $14 more than what the parts were worth in shipping. If they had told be $28 right off I would have walked out. All it cost me was a wasted trip there. Ordered them elsewhere the next day, they were in the following morning (17 hours later) and for $10 and change with tax. , I'm in no hurry and stiil have them.

Geeeeez how much money we talking aboot? Is it going to cause a default on your house loan? put you in the poor house? kids not go to collage? no vacation this year? 

No one was belittled? What the hell do you call that then? You got your feathers ruffled for less than $20, enough to make a FML thread about it, but someone who has invested almost certainly hundreds of dollars shouldn't be bitching? The OP has a legitimate complaint, period.

#55 bilzbobaggins

bilzbobaggins

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

^he put it better.

#56 510freak

510freak

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:06 PM

No one was belittled? What the hell do you call that then? You got your feathers ruffled for less than $20, enough to make a FML thread about it, but someone who has invested almost certainly hundreds of dollars shouldn't be bitching? The OP has a legitimate complaint, period.

its different tho,not his money

:baby:

#57 datzenmike

datzenmike

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

There was no dollar value mentioned, and why I posted. Even you are ruffled over and assumed amount. Some facts would maybe help here.

I don't think the NAPA thing counts for much in this. I didn't pay anything in advance or at all. The shock was that shipping was more than the part and they thought I would be ok with that?

Posted Image

#58 bilzbobaggins

bilzbobaggins

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:18 PM

There was no dollar value mentioned, and why I posted. Even you are ruffled over and assumed amount. Some facts would maybe help here.

I don't think the NAPA thing counts for much in this. I didn't pay anything in advance or at all. The shock was that shipping was more than the part and they thought I would be ok with that?

So are saying the ratsun police would only intervene if the dollar amount is high enough?

And the Napa thing does count. As was pointed out, you started a fml thread about it. Around 20 bucks of fuckery on their part. Odds are a motor shipped is quite a bit more. You trivialized this gentlemans thread for help.

#59 datzenmike

datzenmike

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:49 PM

Ratsun police? Intervene?

Look again. There's no dollar value mentioned except your input guesstimate. The title is 'overreaction or worried for nothing'.  Asked "Geeeeez how much money we talking aboot?" which is more than anyone else had done. Opined that illness might be a reason (it was) and twice assured the OP that this will work out. Hardly have I trivialized his problem. Are you saying you seriously believe Al will default on this???

Some people are just slow to get in gear, lazy if you will and find it 'hard to get around to. They make promises that they mean to keep but... it just slips and keeps slipping. Maybe they are ill but like I already said they can at least communicate with the buyer.... after all you did take their money. Lets say you mention 'his' name. His friends vouch for him. He now has to live up to his friends good opinion of him. Peer pressure also known as shaming.

Now I'm confident this will work out.

Again.... convinced this will work out alright.

Geeeeez how much money we talking aboot? Is it going to cause a default on your house loan? put you in the poor house? kids not go to collage? no vacation this year? and please don't say it's the principal that matters here. I doubt it's really the money but most likely a delay in getting the engine and transmission into something, right?

Posted Image

#60 datzenmike

datzenmike

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

You want posts that trivialize try these....

And if it doesn't work out, the rest of us are still entertained.

Bro.. I said it's on the way. I shipped via Malaysian air.

Phishy

Here is your only witch hunt contribution to all of this...

My suggestion is to call him out by name. If it's who I think it is, this wouldn't be his first time and it seems that putting his name out there is the only way to get him to respond. Even then it takes some time, which really sucks. But he'll come around in the end, say he's sorry, yada, yada, yada and all will be forgiven by the majority because he's such a great guy.

...so was it who you thought it was? ....Didn't think so. I guess you have an axe to grind with some member here then?

Posted Image