over reaction or worried for nothing?

yellow510

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was supposed to call me back today, but I guess Denmarkboy is just too busy to remember.

He texted me late last night/early this morning that he had another issue come up, but i'm pretty tired of his excuses.

I've never accused him of not sending it, but since I cant get a simple photo of the shipping info, I guess I have to call BS.

Hopefully, someone that's read this knows him and can get some action.

Sorry I had air this out, but I tried to give him benefit of the doubt.

Thanks guys, I hope this comes to a resolution soon.

as i said, i figured this guy to be a respected member of this community. most of you guys probably know him.

i'm just hoping to get this worked out either way. soon!

If u can't get a simple tracking number,then bend over NOW! And go to plan b NOW! WTF are u waiting for?

i dont bend over for anyone.

Al has been in the hospital since we got back from Shasta last weekend; where he had no reception since Friday. Relax.

I don't know any other details about the transaction, therefore, I'm officially out. Nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Al has been in the hospital since we got back from Shasta last weekend; where he had no reception since Friday. Relax.

I don't know any other details about the transaction, therefore, I'm officially out. Nothing to worry about.

i'm airing a grievance right now and not sure how to proceed:

i purchased an engine and trans from a respected senior member on the forums here. (I'll keep his name out for now out of respect for his rep here.)

the transaction occurred over a month ago. (around 6/22)

i (right now feeling stupidly) deposited the money to his account.

He claims to have put the engine and trans on a pallet and it was on its way.

I've repeatedly asked him for a pic or image of some sort of the shipping manifest so I can track it.

I've received excuses like: (paraphrased)

"I'm out of town on vacation.

"I'm out of town for my son's birthday."

"Work has been crazy busy."

"I gave the shipping company the wrong phone address/ph# for the receiving party."

I've texted him and called a few times over the last month and I want to believe him, but he has not given me much reason to believe him now.

I've asked for shipping info or my money back tonight.

I'm hoping I get a response soon because nothing has arrived as of today.

I'm frustrated beyond expletives right now.

Any suggestions?

;)

Sorry to hear Al is in the hospital. Get better Al..

But shame on you for making this guy wait so long. He says this has been going on since June 22. that is two months plus. That gave you all of July and until you got sick in August to get r done.

I know you were raising money to buy back the Canby truck and some of this guys money probably helped make that happen.

I'm sure Al will come through on this.

• Like 1

I can also vouch for this 

he was and maybe still is having some heath issues 

but I firmly believe this will all work out in the long run 

• Like 3

Some people are just slow to get in gear, lazy if you will and find it 'hard to get around to. They make promises that they mean to keep but... it just slips and keeps slipping. Maybe they are ill but like I already said they can at least communicate with the buyer.... after all you did take their money. Lets say you mention 'his' name. His friends vouch for him. He now has to live up to his friends good opinion of him. Peer pressure also known as shaming.

Now I'm confident this will work out.

Again.... convinced this will work out alright.

• Like 1

Geeeeez how much money we talking aboot? Is it going to cause a default on your house loan? put you in the poor house? kids not go to collage? no vacation this year? and please don't say it's the principal that matters here. I doubt it's really the money but most likely a delay in getting the engine and transmission into something, right?

Maybe its not so much about the money. Maybe it's about getting the motor so he can get his car on the road. Bought motor June 22. Entire summer goes by waiting for the motor. Now fall is coming. I know LA has nice weather year round but lots of people have more time for their projects in the summer.

• Like 3