Your moms aunt Flo's 411

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Ted found these on a shelf while i was out side digging around for a Toyota tranny i never found yesterday at a buddy of mines place..

Guy wanted $30. bucks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, cool.

IMG_2261_zps4cmdd5cq.jpg

IMG_2263_zpsmf8riotm.jpg

.I know i just bought a full NOS set of lenses  but,,, i am probably going to run these instead.

• Like 4

Yes ,, but i told the guy at Applied Industrial Tech i needed a seal to fix a home made  agricultural conveyor system that had that size seal........... Dude gave those catalogs a real good looking over and found me a couple... Might be here as early as Friday ,,             although i do trade there quite often,,, and i always have strange bearings (usually rusted beyond recognition)  from contraptions some old Fin built years ago with junk laying around..

Whoo hoo

:thumbup:

• Like 6

The only problem is that motor mount sheet thing is across the whole front of the engine so i would have to take off the timing chain and all just to get some of that goop up behind it..  :hmm:,,,,,,,,, Maybe it will look better after a good car wash pressure washing

BUT i'm hoping that the new tight seal type action will stop most if not all the huge drainage of oil ..

I didn't take any of new rubber seal cover but here is old style gaps.

IMG_2268_zpsikbzqa5a.jpg

IMG_2267_zpszksj0rz1.jpg

Gap was pretty big but had no way to fix

IMG_2271_zpssfok3p5d.jpg

IMG_2273_zpszftowokr.jpg

Just needs radiator and grill put back in and we are off to the Hobo-Q this Saturday

IMG_2266_zps9xzf0lnx.jpg

IMG_2270_zpsaeajinpe.jpg

Check out how the clutch line was "secured"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IMG_2269_zpslg0r1dwr.jpg

It's anyones guess which will fail first ,,,,,the clutch zip ties or all the bondo this thing has on it,,,,,,,,,, it's a toss up really.

• Like 5

Yeah but i believe it is being burnt, because of head gasket on it's way out,  not leaked out onto ground..., that green in pictures is just left over dripples from when i took radiator out..

I figure i would just run it till it breaks then lower the RPMs a bit.

Are you leaking antifreeze too?

• Like 2

I did notice it felt a little shakey but figured it was just cold ... After marking timing mark i looked at it and couldn't even see the mark at all,, I fixed it last night cuz didn't want it to fly off all the way up in Hillbilly world today

I also pressure washed the engine off on my way home tonight and found where the rest of my leak is at.. I had put new seals in side covers but one of the bolts has loosened up probably from vibration

• Like 3

You worry to much,, i figured if it made it there you could assume it would easily make it home.. 

I have members from here and other forum boards and family with trailers that i have picked up from or helped off the freeway all the way up I-5 to within 10 miles of your place,,,  so wasn't scared about being scooped up ,,,, that,,  and i was carrying a ton of tools 3  extra gallons of water, 4 extra gallons of gas,,,  5 extra quarts of oil a tow rope and my insulated coveralls..  :rofl: :rofl:

My biggest ( well GIGANTIC really)  worry is coming into Seattle traffic and through Seattle traffic and it don't matter which direction i am going really..

• Like 3