Your moms aunt Flo's 411

Yeah but,, it's either give me something to leave or i stand in their driveway in my barefeet, distracting them from ever getting anything done  ,,,,,,,, so unlike Cam Chancellor,,,,,, i hold the upper hand in that negotiation.

:lol: :lol:

• Like 2
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Drove up to Tacoma and got some replacement side cover (tappet cover) gaskets at Brooklands British auto parts today.. $3.00 a piece...  Installed the front one in,,  but probably going to have to take intake exhaust off to get rear one in ,, what a nightmare... Lost the camera wire so if you wanna see pictures you're going to have to drive over here.. 

Does anyone know if a MGB intake / exhaust gasket fit J13,,, even if it has a few fixable issues??  I know you can use MGB exhaust manifold but not sure if gasket is the same-ish ... Probably going to pick one up Monday but thought i would ask anyways.

New gasket are in and slowed the leakage quite a bit. ,,  Haven't had time to drive very far as i had to fix wash machine and wifes Accord first........... yo

IMG_3311_zps75yiaw6a.jpg

IMG_3312_zpszlmmogdb.jpg

If i wasn't so damn lazy i would already have this stuff in,,,,,,,,,,, but nope.

IMG_3317_zpsooogjdub.jpg

Strangely i have had these done and laying by front door for about a year and a half,,,, but only owned this car for about 3(?) months.

IMG_3320_zpsolovs0gh.jpg

Going to run the minilites ,,,bitch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but i only have 4  7/16  lugnuts and i'm to lazy to drive to 3 other parts stores to find the other 3 packages of them .

IMG_3314_zpskew2weo9.jpg

• Like 2

I'm thinking of grinding down the mounting point for the exhaust/intake for clearance and running a set of MGB SUs,, on this old I13 of science.

It probably wouldn't make the thing look less ghey ,,,, but you never know.

I thought there was a 411 around here somewhere...

I can only do easy fixes right now  because my family harvests cranberries this time of year,, and if machinery breaks down the only places for them to grind / weld it  there ,, is full of food......  Sooooo even though it is a 4 hour round trip the real heavy repairs have to be done in my shed..   I have been driving it around enjoying it quite a bit , but the wing window rubbers are worn out so don't wanna drive it in the rain much yet. ( drove it in rain to the beach 2 hours away last weekend though) .. It is only the second Datsun i have ever owned that was driveable within a month of purchase ,,which is weird,,  i can assure you, heavy updates are coming ,, real soon. 

But for now i am going to be rolling long distances in the 83 280ZX tttt-turbo.

today

IMG_3322_zpstpmcwbtn.jpg

• Like 6