Your moms aunt Flo's 411

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today i got lights all to work correctly  and put in an alternator my fucking idiot friend gave me ,,,,,,,

So after i cut out the melted wires :sneaky:  i am going to install 93 pathfinder alternator we had laying around...   Just have to go to the picker of pullness in the morning to get a pigtail as my dingleberry of a son has lost the ones he had as extras..  

• Like 4

Hooked up heater and it took me forever to realize the heater didn't work because someone haf=d removed the ground off the back of it,,,, DOH!!    Installed the wiper motor system out of the donor car as 411 came without one,,,,,,,,, and i believe the reason the wiring caught fire in the first place was that the drivers side pivot was seized up ,...  Took me 2 days of heating cooling over and over to free that turkey up... BUT success!! and it didn't even break,,, which is pretty much a miracle of biblical proportions..

IMG_3267_zpsd8spbblm.jpg

IMG_3268_zps16eq58cx.jpg

IMG_3269_zpslg2f1wnm.jpg

Made this out of polypropylene plastic sheet i had laying around,, because center mounting holes were destroyed when i took fuse box out of car in back.

IMG_3270_zpslyswngoh.jpg

Unwrapping to check for breaks in wire before mounting unnder dash permanently ..

IMG_3271_zpso35p86ev.jpg

IMG_3272_zpssu4dmucm.jpg

IMG_3276_zpsfq7xjhnh.jpg

and one for 510freaks old avatar

IMG_3273_zpsmmedizyh.jpg

• Like 4

So i was giving the electrics one last smoke test before installing dash,,,,,,,,,,,, and member Scalp-um was over hanging and hoping to see something to catch fire... I got talking with him while i was soldering an extra ground for the heater ,,,,and  i completely forget i left key on,,,,,,,,,

Boom! ,, ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  .  oil is everywhere.

:rofl: :rofl:

IMG_3280_zpsx0lcfpew.jpg

IMG_3283_zpstuoxegun.jpg

• Like 2

Hooked up heater and it took me forever to realize the heater didn't work because someone haf=d removed the ground off the back of it,,,, DOH!!    Installed the wiper motor system out of the donor car as 411 came without one,,,,,,,,, and i believe the reason the wiring caught fire in the first place was that the drivers side pivot was seized up ,...  Took me 2 days of heating cooling over and over to free that turkey up... BUT success!! and it didn't even break,,, which is pretty much a miracle of biblical proportions..

IMG_3267_zpsd8spbblm.jpg

IMG_3268_zps16eq58cx.jpg

IMG_3269_zpslg2f1wnm.jpg

Made this out of polypropylene plastic sheet i had laying around,, because center mounting holes were destroyed when i took fuse box out of car in back.

IMG_3270_zpslyswngoh.jpg

Unwrapping to check for breaks in wire before mounting unnder dash permanently ..

IMG_3271_zpso35p86ev.jpg

IMG_3272_zpssu4dmucm.jpg

IMG_3276_zpsfq7xjhnh.jpg

and one for 510freaks old avatar

IMG_3273_zpsmmedizyh.jpg

That poly sheet is a really good improvement!  I had some conductive debris [probably trimmings from wire end reterminations or brake line remod] lodge under the fuse box and short out and melt a hole in the fuse box cover.  Fortunately this was that long ago magic land where you could go the local dealer and order [and get delivered] a complete original fuse box assembly.  I cut my insulator from a plastic milk bottle!

• Like 1

Thanks i will copy that off when i get a new color cartridge ( have been running on black for awhile cuz i'm cheeep) :lol:

The one my neighbor brought over was in a service type manual ,,  the drawings seemed bigger than on the PDF so it has quite a few more pages,, but it looks the same other than that.. 

IMG_3252_zpss3uyrrk3.jpg

And thanks for the encouragement,, :)

And thanks for the decidedly phallic picture example. It wasn't overlooked. :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So i was giving the electrics one last smoke test before installing dash,,,,,,,,,,,, and member Scalp-um was over hanging and hoping to see something to catch fire... I got talking with him while i was soldering an extra ground for the heater ,,,,and  i completely forget i left key on,,,,,,,,,

Boom! ,, ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  .  oil is everywhere.

:rofl: :rofl:

IMG_3280_zpsx0lcfpew.jpg

IMG_3283_zpstuoxegun.jpg

You do good work :thumbup: :lol: 

• Like 2

Your finnaly driving a periot correct rig.

If you need a r16 engine minus head it is yours for the taken.

Might solve your knocking.

Thanks man, but it's a J13 ,, i have a deal worked out for a free one already..  :)

I have been collecting parts for swapping a 4Age into one of these for awhile but that is quite a task so not jumping into that right away,, and a roadster rearend so i can put wider tires in the back and still lower it some...  And yes as of today i have a line on 3 different ones,, after mentioning to those guys about someone kinda blowing me off about wanting to buy one... 

Might do the A14 5speed thing if the dead guys inlaws decide not to sell me a sweet B210 in a field,,  i have also been collecting parts for...  don't know yet.

i have a deal worked out for a free one already..  :)

I'll bet you've dealed for more free stuff than the rest of Ratsun combined.

,,,,,,Just saying because, jealous of all the shit you've stashed, that's now worth something......

• Like 2