Your moms aunt Flo's 411

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe I missed it..... But I thought you had minilites on that thing?

Winter wheels,, and on the minilites  the tires start going flat after three or four weeks sitting in garage (yes it rains that much sometimes here)  so those steelies are set and forget type deal.. . The car doesn't see much road in winter cuz our county sprays that salt brine on the hiways..  But even though it was about 31-32 it was super dry ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and when the road calls sometimes you just can't stop yourself.

• Like 2

My Datsun hibernates for the winter, no winter wheels necessary for me. If I took that thing out even on good days the metal would be shot in a few years. That brine sucks doesn't it? I didn't figure you lived in an area where snow or ice were a problem, judged strictly by the amount of old tin in your posts.

• Like 1

Yep just started spraying that brine shit ,, probably people from other states moving here complaining they had to stay home 3 maybe 4 days a year because we aint got shit for snow plows here... really sucks ass.. 

Gravel the shit out of the roads and when that don't work any more,,  fire up the 4x4 you got in the back yard and drive that,,,,,, it was good enough before,,,  it would be good enough now.  Fucking city folks

• Like 4

In Great Falls Montana he USAF went to spraying Urea on the runways and Taxi ways to get through the very long winter.  "Don't eat yellow snow!"  It worked, and apparently didn't eat all the Aluminium aircraft structure.  And the grass along the runway and taxiway paving looked great the next Spring.  Now on to the Eagles and Hawks that feasted on the rodents that discovered all that vegitation!

• Like 1

Here's what i did this weekend instead of working on the 411

Cut this out of a 78 toyota truck we told the guy we would haul away for free ,,, that me, Scalpum and fucking Ted went and got last Friday... Guy had bought property and it was left there by the previous ( and now apparently all dead) ,,,,,,  inhabitants. 

Uvib4xJ.jpg

xJ8CQVS.jpg

I got those ( should be direct bolt in ) a smaller front bumper wrong type but alot closer to right looking .

Ted got some wheels

Scalpum found brand new Craftsman socket set behind seat.

Chester??  Well Chester didn't get shit.

Truck is at scrapper now

____________________---

Then i got this running as i am going to use engine to replace the one i left sitting in my 47 chevy since 1995 .

• Like 4
  • 5 months later...

No real update other than i made my wife drive us to breakfast in it last week.. She was so pissed at first but after finding out it's a funny little car to drive,, and old geezers asking her about it at stop lights,, :rofl: ,,, she warmed up a little bit to it.

JRcQB44.jpg

Where's all the white women at??

lGP4Vb0.jpg

• Like 4

I finally went and scooped up a parts car my friend Bill told us about last winter.. Although it was only about 25 feet off road,, the owner had to bulldoze a road to get it . Then winch it out cuz it had been there so long it was buried up to body ..

Notice the tree that it had to be cut out of ,, still sticking out of drivers side bumper

UxDCTeQ.jpg

UbB3fJP.jpg

• Like 3

I finally went and scooped up a parts car my friend Bill told us about last winter.. Although it was only about 25 feet off road,, the owner had to bulldoze a road to get it . Then winch it out cuz it had been there so long it was buried up to body ..

Notice the tree that it had to be cut out of ,, still sticking out of drivers side bumper

UxDCTeQ.jpg

UbB3fJP.jpg

Looks like your backyard.

• Like 3

Considering it's location and the fact that it probably was there a really long time.... That's a surprisingly solid looking parts car. New project for the wife??? You know, now that she's into Datsuns....or at least tolerating them.

Nope still deeply despises them . We been together since we were 14,, she gave up having a beater car  clutter free life many moon ago.

I was hoping the 1200 i bought a week or so ago might get driven around by her till dependable,  and then sold for money to throw at her 77 celica toyota coupe,,, she's always on my back about getting on the road again.

:)

• Like 2

Yeah,  it's yours man , car(s) bodies were going to be sold this summer but laziness got in the way .

The announcement for the All Japanese classic in Vancouver was so late in coming,,  we are going to have to skip it this year.

• Like 1