Your moms aunt Flo's 411

Name change since it isn't stuck on front page now.

Sold my 4door 510 to fund sheet metal roof,, and got a wild hair to sell my 55 Ford at the same time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, by some miracle they both sold for the price i wanted..  So after they were gone i was stuck with that stupid 83 280zx turbo ,,,,,, again.

5lbtogZ.jpg

Et9Yi0h.jpg

5XowP9U.jpg

1iGaAD0.jpg

I finally finished putting on the stupidly overpriced sheetmetal and had some free time to Craigslist,,, bad idea i know...  Came across a 66 411 local that the guy wanted to trade for old cars or motor bikes,,, Fuckin A ,,,,,,,,, that sounds just like an ad aimed right for me. :frantics:

So we setled on giving him 2 Z50 type cycles that hadn't even been out of the garage in at least 10 years (took 4 hours to move enough shit outta the way to get the first one even to the door)  and a few dollars in cash... Offered the blue 71 SL175 up too but he didn't seem to want it.

XXhS9B1.jpg

v3toXW8.jpg

d9dVPrm.jpg

HeFi3e0.jpg

qHa4J5v.jpg

zM4z6un.jpg

,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ended up with a used tampon red 66 411 that has ( by the paper work )  traded hands faster than a doobie at a Allman brothers concert.

Literally the only thing that would make this a "car" is that it can actually drive down road under its own power,,, because of small fire previous owner had that fried the fuse box. Motor smokes and has a severe knock,, and looks toover heat a bit ,, by the brown water stains all over engine bay ..  . Windows must leak as there is copious amounts on silicone type material around front and rear windows............ There is a sizeable bondo spots (found with magnet before purchase) behind rear tires.  and the head liner is pretty fucked,,,,,,,,,

All in all a pretty decent Datsun.

Plans are to install an A 14 in got a year or so ago and one of the 2 ,,,,,, yes 2 non dogleg 5speeds in have on the shelf.

Long term plans have always been ( have been collecting parts for years) 4Age swap for the noise it puts out,, :lol: :lol:

What does this piece of shit look like????????  Well in that respect it shines like a diamond . Previous owner loved the car and it shows ,,,  but it looked like it was just was falling apart in every way and if you know anything about these,, the parts are pretty much non-existent

Jk36xya.jpg

qApoDQr.jpg

tz9Zc5R.jpg

sP1Y4Wo.jpg

kuI37QH.jpg

h1VtDwT.jpg

cqadMMI.jpg

Au5sYME.jpg

Too bad it's really only skin deep..  As QTip has mentioned ,,,,,,,,i probably should have kept the Z50s

;)

• Like 14
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I accidently let it slip as to why i was digging out the mini trail bike ( it was over by lathe)  at about 11:00 as i was standing in door texting the guy about it when he rolled over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, this was about 6 o-clock,,,,,,,,,,, he is sleeping in that picture.

• Like 1

Ted  as in ,," fucking Ted :sneaky: "  came over to bum a 620 seat i was tired of moving back and frickin forth for it's runners,, and helped me get this mess of wires out of the white 411 ^^ up there.

Over the weekend i thought i could easily run the painless style wiring the guy had started,,, but when i touched a hot wire to the wires with tail light written on it................ The starter started to turn,,,,,,,,,, welp that shit is fucked up... So went back to original plan of attack..  It may catch fire but at least i will know it was my fault..

About all i got to show is a mess of wires on the floor.

bqn6UFt.jpg

MgMSmKT.jpg

FVrVrLl.jpg

qPfPfPT.jpg

• Like 4

Well not much but ripping and tracing wires .. For some reason Datsun used the exact same plug end on the heater and head light switches and they are within inches of each other in the car,,,,,,,, yeah good thinking on that one.

anyways,,, got to go to kincos and blow up a wiring diagram my neighbor came up with..

Old new harness

65sdvF6.jpg

I have a new and improved version of the gauge unit but i'm going to install later

XPSuSOe.jpg

08OqOvB.jpg

Umd0inG.jpg

QU0PFXU.jpg

• Like 5

These have the best looking dashes from the 60s.  You can do it banana!

Datsun%20411%20wiring%20diagram.jpg

You may download the jpg from my PhotoBucket link below.  It is in the 410/411 Folder.

If you want it in a pdf pm me your email address and I will email the pdf to you.

Here is a link to the Datsun 411 Factory Service Manual pdf downloadable.

http://datsun510.com/manuals/Service_Manual_Datsun_Model_411_Series.pdf

• Like 3

These have the best looking dashes from the 60s.  You can do it banana!

Datsun%20411%20wiring%20diagram.jpg

You may download the PDF from my PhotoBucket link below.  It is in the 410/411 Folder.

If you want it in a pdf pm me your email address and I will email the pdf to you.

Here is a link to the Datsun 411 Factory Service Manual pdf downloadable.

http://datsun510.com/manuals/Service_Manual_Datsun_Model_411_Series.pdf

Thanks i will copy that off when i get a new color cartridge ( have been running on black for awhile cuz i'm cheeep) :lol:

The one my neighbor brought over was in a service type manual ,,  the drawings seemed bigger than on the PDF so it has quite a few more pages,, but it looks the same other than that.. 

IMG_3252_zpss3uyrrk3.jpg

IMG_3253_zpsedhqrurk.jpg

I went to Fedex express (kinkos) and had them blow it up a little bit and laminate ,,, when i get that color cartridge i think  i will blow that one up bigger.. :thumbup:

IMG_3255_zpswqcp8rfr.jpg

And thanks for the encouragement,, :)

• Like 3