WHYYYY NOOWWW

DatMo

Bump. Fix this thing yet?

LActually worked on it a small bit today since it's my first night without work and school. Tomorrow I got work and my birthday so sunday I plan to completely uninstall and fix the problem then install by Tuesday morning or so
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooooo what was the problem???

I may have installed the tranny incorrectly or the problem is somewhere deeper in the trans because when I try to move the clutch fork it's not even fidgeting

Six pages of poor explanations of what's really happening here leading to more and more guesses. Sherlock Holmes would have left after page one.

Starts on the first post....

So i as i move my brothers 521 in order to put my car out for the tow to take so i can get my exhaust done

ONE WHEEL IS SPIINING IN REVERSE

SO HOW WHY AND WHAT DO I DO TO FIX THISple

my goal was to drive before my birthday and this is a really big push back

What?

Much of what's stated after the above... contradicts something else. The problem could have been narrowed down by answering a few of my questions about the engine and driveshaft turning or not. If the car stalls the engine when placed in gear and clutch let out or if it moves when placed in neutral when clutch let out.... then the transmission is stuck in a gear. Was this transmission ever working properly or is it a swap and it's unknown?

• Like 1

Did you even do the manual test on the tranny before installing it?

1: Put in neutral

2: turn with your hand the input shaft, make sure it's turning free with no weird noise nor play, also verify the output isn't turning while in neutral.

3: put in gear and turn the input shaft and make sure output shaft is now turning, every gear it should turn at different rate (speed).

4: follow step 3 on all gears.

• 1 month later...