Don't Keep Your Opinions to Yourself!

GoGoGo

So I went to see if the PC680 would fit underneath the passenger front seat (E30 sport seats) and it does. So I am thinking that is going to be the final resting spot. Makes it fairly accessible and easy to jump or charge as I can slide the seat forward to get easy access. I'll document the process in my build thread. Thanks for all the suggestions!!!!

So like justjoel myself now and another guy are mounting are battery's under the seat,does the 4 door have that same option on the passenger side. If so get with justjoel and he can make you one or make it yourself. These guys can't afford odyssey battery's. And yes you can mount that fucker upside down and all around. That is a damm good battery, I have one myself and will change mines as needed in my other 4 cars.check out justjoel's build thread and you can see the boxes he maid there very nice I know I have one.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So like justjoel myself now and another guy are mounting are battery's under the seat,does the 4 door have that same option on the passenger side. If so get with justjoel and he can make you one or make it yourself. These guys can't afford odyssey battery's. And yes you can mount that fucker upside down and all around. That is a damm good battery, I have one myself and will change mines as needed in my other 4 cars.check out justjoel's build thread and you can see the boxes he maid there very nice I know I have one.

He is mounting under the front seat, no box needed... you mounted under the rear seat, you need to make a recessed box for that. I mounted mine under the rear seat as well.

Yup I am mounting under the front passenger seat with the side mount I have. Mocked it up yesterday and everything fit perfect. Seat can still slide back and forth and allow easy access to jump, etc. No box necessary for this setup. 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

This is a pretty dead thread.

But I want more info!

How many people are running this battery?

As Jrock keeps saying, there is only 170 cranking amps. So it won't start my ka.

Someone give me more info here!

I'd like to be able to use this battery. The size is perfect to mount under the dash.. I don't have a deck or a sub/amp! Just the cluster and lights.

Deka batteries are solid. Braille used to slap their name on a Deka AGM. I had one in my EVO8. I would opt for the Deka over the Odessey, but that being said, as far as that battery being able to crank a KA....I don't see that being an issue as long as you are running the correct gauge cables

It's working great so far. Took it on a 1000 mile road trip and no issues. Didn't start the car for a month and it still cranked perfectly. 

L75ZxnF.jpg

This is what I wanted thanks!

And thanks for all the feed back, much appreciated!

Deka batteries are solid. Braille used to slap their name on a Deka AGM. I had one in my EVO8. I would opt for the Deka over the Odessey, but that being said, as far as that battery being able to crank a KA....I don't see that being an issue as long as you are running the correct gauge cables

As far as getting a deka AMG is there anything else I need to know.. a number or something?

I do want to keep looking around.

I have Deka in my car mounted behind the passenger seat.  It has done a fine job of cranking my carbed KA over for the past 2 years.  If it ever dies I'm going to get a Lithium Iron Phosphate like this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F9LPL5E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8

At ~3.5 lbs I'm pretty sure you could mount it anywhere.

Here is a picture of my current battery mounting location just for reference.

DSC00674_zpse9e9b4ae.jpg

• Like 2