Datsun "Indy car" Special....with photos!!!

More.pics......

Got.some.more.tubing.and,tacked.it.onto.the.truck.frame......boxes.and.boxes.and.boxes....

SAM_0108.jpg

Slow.going,but.it's.comming.along.(please.note.ghetto.wheel.spinner) :thumbup:

SAM_0105.jpg

Still.have.the.hood.arches.to.fab/weld.in.,gussets,diagonal/"x".bars.and.roll.hoop,bottom.loops.to.get.fabbed.....work,work,work...... :crying:

SAM_0106.jpg

After.it's.weled.enough.to.cut.off.of.the.jig.I.will.get.my.scrub.line.then.fab.up.the.lower.frame/skid.plates,then.install.drivetrain. :thumbup:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With.the.warmer.weather.I.have.started.work.on.my.project.again. Mostly.stuff.you.can't.see,like.finish.welding.etc. Boring.stuff.that.needed.done.

I.did.remake.my.transmission.mount.and.moved.the.attachment.points.to.the.outside.of.the.frame.rails.

I.didn't.like.it.inside.as.it.interfered.with.the.smoothness.of.the.floor.and.possibly.my.feet.while.driving.

Also.started.work.on.the.floor/tunnel.firewall.with.some.HEAVY.gauge.steel.sheet.metal.

Just.have.to.get.it.bent.and.installed.

Cut.the.exhaust.collector.and.turned.it.180.degrees.so.it.points.back,so.I.can.install.a.side-pipe.exhaust.system.

I'm.just.going.to.use.a.simple.flex.pipe,glass.pack,standard.exhaust.tubing.with.a.chrome.tail.pipe.

Also.working.on.getting.the.gas.tank.cover/tail.fabbed.up,covered.with.fiberglass.resin,body.filler.and.primed.

I.will.updated.as.I.get.a.bit.more.finished.

Thank.You.for.reading!

SAM_0235.jpg

SAM_0240.jpg

SAM_0238.jpg

SAM_0241.jpg

• Like 3

had never heard of Gosport, I'm just up the road aways in Lafayette. will be cool to see on the road when you get it done!

I.will.be.moving.close.to.South.Bend.soon.and.taking.my.project.with.me.to.finish.it.

When.done.I'm.going.to.drive.it.EVERYWHERE!

Hope.to.do.road.trips.with.the.car.and.take.it.to.some.cruise.nights.too.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Had to move twice, health issues other projects like the Harley Chopper pictured below. I am more stable now so I am wanting to start working on the Datsun Special again. It is up North and I moved to the South so we will see what transpires this Winter or Spring.

It is too far along and too nice of a build to not get it on the road.

230751BB-E909-45B6-8D1D-56A90FB439DB.png

2019041195183239.jpg

• Like 1