Datsun "Indy car" Special....with photos!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exactly.

Or "what do you mean you only had 12 airbags?!?"   :rofl:

Or "Grandpa, tell us about when your car had pedals you had to push..."

My first car, a '64 Dodge, had a single brake master, no seat belts and a steel dash without padding. It wasn't uncommon to hear an accident was caused by 'brake failure'.

SAM_0083.jpg

That's a Z22 head on that Z24. Z22 intakes are round with EFI injector notches so they would fit the Z22E engines in the S110 200sx, Z24 are square with rounded corners and no notches. Also the fuel pump boss does not need a cover on the Z24 head. Other than that they are the same inside.

• Like 1

If you're careful enough, nothing good, or bad will ever happen to you. 

If you're going through life just being safe, you might as well end it now. That way you'll never get hurt.

If you're not willing to put your life at risk, do you have a life worth living?

And so, BE careful, BE safe, BE good, but never BEhave.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dyeing light.

Loose translation, drive it like you stole it son.

I look forward to watching this come together man. Thanks for posting up. BTW did you fab that tail and nose? STORY PLEASE.

• Like 3

If you're going through life just being safe, you might as well end it now. That way you'll never get hurt.

If you're not willing to put your life at risk, do you have a life worth living?

I look forward to watching this come together man. Thanks for posting up. BTW did you fab that tail and nose? STORY PLEASE.

The.nose.is.a.old,steel.clam.shell.phone.booth.that.I.am.moding.to.fit.

I.bought.the.Sprint.Car.tail.used.from.a.local.racer.....it's.plastic.

I.have.a.old.Stock.car/modified.car.fuel.cell.that.will.be.hidden.under.the/Sprint.car.tail.

• Like 1

says Physco The Rapist.

• Like 3

The.nose.is.a.old,steel.clam.shell.phone.booth.that.I.am.moding.to.fit.

I.bought.the.Sprint.Car.tail.used.from.a.local.racer.....it's.plastic.

I.have.a.old.Stock.car/modified.car.fuel.cell.that.will.be.hidden.under.the/Sprint.car.tail.

Brilliant. And I thought the key board work around was nifty. Your kind of resourcefulness is a gift man, and obviously you went back for seconds. I love the internet!

Brilliant. And I thought the key board work around was nifty. Your kind of resourcefulness is a gift man, and obviously you went back for seconds. I love the internet!

Pssst....it's.called.being.broke.as.Hell.and.using.whatever.junk.I.can.get.a.hold.of.in.order.make.it.work!

Believe.me.if.I.could.order.half.the.So-Cal.catalog.I.would.and.bulid.it.with.period.looking.new.parts,but.such.is.life.

• Like 2

Pssst....it's.called.being.broke.as.Hell.and.using.whatever.junk.I.can.get.a.hold.of.in.order.make.it.work!

Believe.me.if.I.could.order.half.the.So-Cal.catalog.I.would.and. build.it.with.period.looking.new.parts,but.such.is.life.

Okay, You don't need to toot your own horn, we'll do that for you.

Trust me, plenty of guys out there with the talent to build a car, but never do it because they've convinced themselves they can't, because they don't have the scratch. Anyone can order a specific part, but it takes creativity balls to, as you say "using.whatever.junk.I.can.get.a.hold.of.in.order.make.it.work!". That's the gift of resourcefulness I was talking about. I consider myself lucky you can't afford to buy your way through this build, but you're still doing it. Like it or not Dude, I see what you're doing, and I'm impressed.

Piece of advice, in the rat rod community the mantra is, give yourself permission to fuck up, and when you do, learn from it and move on, because perfection is for bed wetters.

• Like 5