87 pickup front signal light problems

Hello i am having issues with my front turn signals which are located in my bumper. They work fine if my headlamps arent on, but as soon as i turn on my headlamps they only work as parking lights,my rear taillights work fine with no issue and the fronts work fine as well so long as my headlamps are off... ive changed the bulbs twice and still have the same issue.. please help..

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens when you turn only the parking lamps on?

The only thing that the headlamps and the front signals seem to have in common is their ground connection. This appears schematically to be on the right (pass side) front inner fender, below the fusible link box. It will be a black wire (probably two of them one for headlamps and one for signals) terminating in a large ground lug with a screw clamping it to the metal. Remove and sand paper and make sure it's well connected to the body.

Just tryed sanding everything down to have a better contact throughout all the grounds and still have the same result... i know its not the flasher because the hazards and rear turn signal works and so does the front so long as i dont turn on the parking or headlights.

check your wiring and check your battery earth point. mine used to have a similar problem. if any of the wires look to be missing any coating/cover replace them or tape over it at least. also check the housings..