B210 Nos Louvers

cbatt

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would need to find a place with lots of B210 hatchbacks. Of those, someone who wants/needs one. I would imagine there are more of them still on the road west of the Rockies but generally not many left. So your market is very small. Then on top of your asking price it has to be shipped which could easily double or triple the cost unless the buyer is close by. Again I would say that if you are in New York it probably ain't going to sell. Western and southern states maybe. Try looking on E-bay and see if there are any for sale there.

To be NOS it has to be in pristine condition, never used or installed. It's more believable if it's still in it's original wrapper and the bill of sale from the Nissan dealer. If this was removed from a B-210 then it is not NOS. If a re-pop or re manufactured part from Taiwan or China... it's not NOS. People like to say NOS when selling a part but don't have a clue what it means. Just saying, if you claim NOS you should be able to back it up. A true NOS part with provenance would be worth top dollar.

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am a roadster guy so do not know much about the other Datsuns.

Yes, it is original dealer stock, in box, with mounting kit and directions.

I will pass the info along to him but it with a small market / low demand it may not be worth the effort for a few dollars.

Knowing my brother he may just throw it on Ebay and it doesn't sell it will be scrapped. 

Can't help on the value, but if they are rare and you put it on ebay (7 or 10 day for exposure), it should fetch realistic top dollar.  The market saturates fast, though...there just aren't that many Datsun guys willing/able to pay top dollar for rare parts, even if they're worth it based on rarity.  I've sold, and seen sold, some rare parts and when the first one is listed it will go high, but if someone lists the same item again right away, it usually won't go nearly as high as the first

• 2 years later...

Sorry to drag this thread up but can anyone confirm that the shade #99990-00254 is definitely for a B210? Because I think it may actually be for a B310 (Datsun 210).

Looks like it should be for a 210 not a B210.

Here are pictures of one (I believe he incorrectly lists as B210 here): 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-210-Aluminum-Louvers-Sun-Shade-NOS-/362086241586?vxp=mtr

Label says 210 coupe.

That part number is for a Shade 210 X and is replaced by part99990-00254SL

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm a new member that just came across this thread on the louvers. I know that I have a NOS 210 coupe aluminum PN 99990-00254 in my collection of parts.

It is in the original box which is a bit worn but the louver is in great condition AND has the original mounting hardware. Let me know if you are interested and I'll post some pictures.