Stolen 78 620 washington

Emilio's79620

Glad you found it, if I was you I would lock it up all the time when not in use, park it in front of your place

Locking it won't help that much. The door locks are even easier to stick a screwdriver in and twist open than the ignition. Install a kill switch.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have insurance on the truck, they should cover the damages and storage/towing charges.  If it was parked on the street, the towing company may be the ones who "stole" it in the first place.  Happens around here a fair amount.  The police will call in a towing company to remove any vehicles from the street with expired tabs, or not legal to drive for any reason.  

Typically the towing company is supposed to do a title search and contact the owner within 24 hours.  Or if the police are involved (theft or abandoned vehicle), they call you.  Dirty towing companies abound, and their trick is to charge 2-3 days minimum impound plus "overtime" towing charges.  There's not much you can do about it either, unless your state has built specific consumer protection laws to eliminate known repeat offenders.  

If you pull your plug on the back of your ignition,if my memory serves me rite been awhile since I had my 78 Trk,

It should be a 6 hole plug two rows of three if you hold it looking at you with one row right one row left

You can run a make a bridge with some wire ( jumper )to make the bridge you need a wire about 2 inches long with a notch of the coating cut off rite in the middle about 1/4 inch,crimp quick connects on the end if you want to to match the insides of your plug ( don't have to have the quic connects on the ends but you need this jumper to stay in place in your ignition plug ) Put one end of the wire in the right row number 1 slot put the other end in the number 3 slot in the same row and that will turn on the power same as Turning your key to the first click, yours mite be different !,,,,, look at your dash lights they will come on yours might be in the left row. Than make another jumper the same size but with no coating taken off crimp the quick connects on both ends, plug one end in to the left row slot 3 ,,,,this will be your starter connect just like turning the key to engage the starter, than with your jumper connected in the rite row and dash lights on, touch the wire from the left row to the bare wire visible on the jumper wire and you should hear the starter engage if you do hold it tell it starts than pull the wire away , but leave the jumper connected that turned your dash lights on

To turn off pull the jumper and to start repeat process ,this is how it was on my truck you mite have different wire places but the same idea

Once you find the two wires that turn your dash lights on you can follow one of those wires back and cut and put a cut off switch there

After you get your ignition back in there

Hope this gets you going

Farmer

• Like 1

So I found my truck I haven't seen it yet but the cops called and said a towing place in spanaway had it for a day or two...... Wtf!!!!???? A day or two!?!?!? Had me stressing so much anyway I owe them 300$ and have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up because they are closing and I can't make it

Fucking pisses me off that they charge you when someone else stole your vehicle. They waited 4 days to call me when my jeep was stolen and I had to pay $600 to get it back. What a scam..

Glad you got it back though. :)

Fucking pisses me off that they charge you when someone else stole your vehicle. They waited 4 days to call me when my jeep was stolen and I had to pay $600 to get it back. What a scam..

Glad you got it back though. :)

Why can't the cops contact the registered owner instead of having it towed first?

Why can't the cops contact the registered owner instead of having it towed first?

Because the thieves usually dump them on private property and they get picked up by the roving patrol tow companies.  Cops aren't involved until the stolen vehicle report is issued.  When a stolen car was dumped in my mom's yard the cops wouldn't even come look until it was reported stolen (it was, just in a different jurisdiction). 

There's time delays that all work in the towing company's favor.  They pick up the car first, then if it was at night (when patrol tows operate, clearing out fast food lots etc) they don't report it until the next morning.  But they start the storage fee counter right away.   By the time the owner reports it stolen, it's likely already in impound.  Then it takes time for the 2 paths to cross, even though the systems are cross connected and it should have been instant.

The tow report should have listed where it was found (complete address) and why it was picked up.