Wiring a push start

DatMo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't the SU chokes adjusted manually by the driver? More choke on extra cold days less on warmer. Solenoids are either on or off. You guys are getting farther and farther from the Datsun experience.

I thought the Datsun experience was to modernize the cars as much as possible...

Or is that the 510 experience?

Leave no bolt untouched! and well wires too.

I thought the Datsun experience was to modernize the cars as much as possible...

Or is that the 510 experience?

Leave no bolt untouched! and well wires too.

Ha ha well I admit to sometimes doing things to make it safer/easier to drive. Doesn't have to be modernized. I wouldn't go as far as FWD automatic V V T and back up TV. I still enjoy driving it not just being a passive passenger in a conveyance.

Does a push button start really make driving easier/safer/convenient or is it just a do-dad that looks like it would?

It seems like a lot of effort to deal with wiring a fancy push and running wires for a hidden kill switch for "convenience." It's just one of those gimmicks so you can say "I have this." Not everything has to be made difficult.

Put the damn key in the slot and twist it. DONE

Its way faster. I never pulled my keys out of pocket for my car as I didnt lock it. Get in, go. Once I have central locking, reach into pocket hit button, car unlocked, get in go.

I also like the "diagnostics" it gives. You know when your ignition actually has power, and you know accessory power is on, same with ignition power.

Currently I am using the Arduino Uno R3. Got it from SparkFun. I originally ordered it to make an adjustable fan controller for the car.

• Like 1

It seems like a lot of effort to deal with wiring a fancy push and running wires for a hidden kill switch for "convenience." It's just one of those gimmicks so you can say "I have this." Not everything has to be made difficult.

Put the damn key in the slot and twist it. DONE

So ask Datrod that same thing about twisting keys lets just say they fail to. First off the guy asked for a wiring diagram not a fuckin pole on key versus button.

By the way is it a Datsun Daves so i can send you the diagram.

• Like 1

Its way faster. I never pulled my keys out of pocket for my car as I didnt lock it. Get in, go. Once I have central locking, reach into pocket hit button, car unlocked, get in go.

I also like the "diagnostics" it gives. You know when your ignition actually has power, and you know accessory power is on, same with ignition power.

Currently I am using the Arduino Uno R3. Got it from SparkFun. I originally ordered it to make an adjustable fan controller for the car.

Now a push button entry I could warm up to, but the START button looks gimmicky and besides, does the push button lock the steering when shut off? Don't need diagnostics to know if my ignition power is on. When the charge light comes on. That's a good sign it's on.

Now a push button entry I could warm up to, but the START button looks gimmicky and besides, does the push button lock the steering when shut off? Don't need diagnostics to know if my ignition power is on. When the charge light comes on. That's a good sign it's on.

So in the truck of course it does not have a steering lock but again 2 each your own.

My ignition switch died tonight, so I ran a quick piece of extension cord to the starter one wire on the hot side one on the switched lead, attached them to a momentary button mounted at bottom of dash by the hood release lever. Never had to touch the factory harness and the car starts, took about 15 min once I gathered all the pieces from the garage.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...