Wiring a push start

DatMo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate newer cars with that keyfob push start bullshit. It's a joke. My moms old Toyota Venza had that and it only worked when it wanted to. That car was a piece of shit, not to mention slow as hell. Push starts are for high school girls who have too many bottles of lotion and lip gloss to dig through in their 10 gallon coach purses to find a real key. I like a real key. I would never eliminate a mechanical keyswitch for a fancy push button. What happens if the electronics fail and you're stuck?

... just my .02¢

I hate newer cars with that keyfob push start bullshit. It's a joke. My moms old Toyota Venza had that and it only worked when it wanted to. That car was a piece of shit, not to mention slow as hell. Push starts are for high school girls who have too many bottles of lotion and lip gloss to dig through in their 10 gallon coach purses to find a real key. I like a real key. I would never eliminate a mechanical keyswitch for a fancy push button. What happens if the electronics fail and you're stuck?

... just my .02¢

Your .2 cents ain't worth shit and I must have tons of lotion because both my so called pile of shit Datsuns have them. I hate carrying keys stupid old people like me can now start there cars with out forgetting them. And the first problem with your story is why in the hell did your mom buy such a piece of shit car to begin with...?

• Like 1

Your .2 cents ain't worth shit and I must have tons of lotion because both my so called pile of shit Datsuns have them. I hate carrying keys stupid old people like me can now start there cars with out forgetting them. And the first problem with your story is why in the hell did your mom buy such a piece of shit car to begin with...?

I just don't like push buttons... Makes it easier for our old cars to be stolen... like by scumbags at the eagle rock swapmeet.

Dealers like to scam people into buying shit cars. Salesmen work on a quota so they'll say anything to make a sale.

Don't you have to have a fob sender or sensor to tell the push button that it's YOU and not some thief?  That's just as bad as carrying a key. I'd rather carry a manly looking key. :lol:   

Don't you have to have a fob sender or sensor to tell the push button that it's YOU and not some thief?  That's just as bad as carrying a key. I'd rather carry a manly looking key. :lol:   

No Fob and I don't lock my doors and if I do well I lock them with another key to just lock the doors, or go one step further and put actuators in the doors and then you have a fob to lock and unlock the doors just like a new car. If they want they will steal it any how any way. Thats what insurance is for.I don't care.

• Like 2

Exactly it's one of the best upgrades I have ever did.. Plus like he said you can upgrade with alarms or hide the kill switch to well never mind they will find it. But it's still cool to just start my truck by the push of a button.

I have the push button in both my trucks. One has a kill switch the other has an alarm. Both have key fobs that kill the ignition system and lock the doors. 

They are both awesome :lol: 

• Like 4

ill show you the button, but not the various kill switches along with piezo points that i activate when parking in sketchy areas

(PYP 50% off days, sketchy neighborhoods containing even sketcheire looking people, compton, all rich hite areas if im gonna be gone longer than 60 seconds.......)

SAM_2100_zpsp5nejfuk.jpg

• Like 4