Wiring a push start

DatMo

So I'm trying to wire a push start without using any wires from the factory harness but for some reason I'm having some issues. My first problem is how would I connect the wiring. My second problem is how would I be able to turn off the car? I bought a push start online but unfortunately it doesn't come with instructions which fucked me up lol. No I'm not the best at wiring but I have a pretty decent idea of how it works. Let me know asap because it's the one of three things holding me back!

Thanks ahead of time.

• Like 1
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... Why get rid of the column lock to use an utterly pointless push to start? Why remove a theft deterrent? If your original ignition switch is bad and you want to use a button for the starter, then it's easy. Wire it with a relay and you'll be good. There's write ups on independent ignition switches on here.

• Like 1

Just wire a relay for your acc and ignition then use the button for the starter. really would need to see pics of what you ordered to tell you what is what. I have installed countless remote starts and start buttons. the wiring in a 510 is very easy to work with as far as this is concerned.

• Like 1

Well part of the problem is that I've wired my engine and etc but not using any of the factory wires.

You can all hate blah blah blah i don't care it's my car let me do what I want lol.

Just wire a relay for your acc and ignition then use the button for the starter. really would need to see pics of what you ordered to tell you what is what. I have installed countless remote starts and start buttons. the wiring in a 510 is very easy to work with as far as this is concerned.

I don't think pics would help because there's literally nothing yet. I plan to run all these wires sometime around wed.

A ghost switch as in a kill switch?

Thank you though. I'll hopefully figure it out sooner than later. 

If you mean the kind that has a sensor and a sender in the fob ... fine.

Wiring in a push button start when the ignition is there and works just fine otherwise is just droll. You will still need to have the key in the ignition and in the ON position and your push button sending power to the starter solenoid. Now if no one else is ever going to use this, again... fine.... But having a g/f or friend stall it in an intersection and they panic and start twisting the key to start was it really worth the bother? This is why cars have the clutch to the left and the brake to the right, so it can be driven by anyone safely. This is like not having wipers or a horn and a kid run over could have been avoided if you could have honked a warning or seen him through the rain.

• Like 1

So I'm trying to wire a push start without using any wires from the factory harness but for some reason I'm having some issues. My first problem is how would I connect the wiring. My second problem is how would I be able to turn off the car? I bought a push start online but unfortunately it doesn't come with instructions which fucked me up lol. No I'm not the best at wiring but I have a pretty decent idea of how it works. Let me know asap because it's the one of three things holding me back!

Thanks ahead of time.

Did you buy the one in eBay, if you did I have instructions but don't feel like helping anybody.

You rewired your engine bay but cant figure out an ebay push button start...

I just used my wiring diagram so it was easy as shit. This would be too but there's no instructions lol

You can all hate blah blah blah i don't care it's my car let me do what I want lol.?????

1968 510 sedan (RIP), 1972 510 goon, 1980 280zx,1976 280z (sold) 1979 620 kc (sold

another to be sold soon.

Photo would help what you got set up if you even have a key switch or not OR use whats avail FROM THE dATSUN. wE GOT TO KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING TO USE OR NOT USE THATS ORGINAL

You can use a 3 position toggle switch. Off /On then a momitary START also in there to get it started.

But you never mentioned if you running points or a EI sytem as this will need to be adress also

Hate for MrBigtanker to spentd time drawing out a schematic then you chaing your mind saying you have soemthing elese instaead. 2 house light switches will work also.

• Like 1

You can all hate blah blah blah i don't care it's my car let me do what I want lol.?????1968 510 sedan (RIP), 1972 510 goon, 1980 280zx,1976 280z (sold) 1979 620 kc (soldanother to be sold soon.Photo would help what you got set up if you even have a key switch or not OR use whats avail FROM THE dATSUN. wE GOT TO KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING TO USE OR NOT USE THATS ORGINALYou can use a 3 position toggle switch. Off /On then a momitary START also in there to get it started.But you never mentioned if you running points or a EI sytem as this will need to be adress alsoHate for MrBigtanker to spentd time drawing out a schematic then you chaing your mind saying you have soemthing elese instaead. 2 house light switches will work also.

No if he got the datsundave start button which I think he got from eBay I have the wiring instructions. Just don't really like helping people any more on this forum. But that's just me. I can wire mine though if that helps any body

The datsun dave kit is cake... you only have like 2 wires you have to hook up besides the main plug for the ignition switch.

Im still looking into making a kit, the hardest part, the wiring connector for the nissan push button.

• Like 1

No if he got the datsundave start button which I think he got from eBay I have the wiring instructions. Just don't really like helping people any more on this forum. But that's just me. I can wire mine though if that helps any body

Don't joke, you never helped anybody :P

• Like 2